X

Fender bracket troubles...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender bracket troubles...

I bought creese's fender eliminator bracket and am having a hard time with the whole process.

I understand the shovel needs to be sawed off, but before i do that i am having issues with getthing the stock turn signals off. I have them cracked open, but cant seem to find how to get the wire off of it so i can unthread it from the fender before i start cutting. I know this wire needs to be unhooked because creese's bracket has holes for it to be inserted into and them presumably hooked back up to the light socket.

Anyone have any instructions or know how the wire gets disconnected from the turn signal? Thanks!

Taking off the tail is easier since it allows you to get a nice even high cut on the shovel and wont risk scratching up the tail.

Comment

i you do not hav ethe busa rear then no. you would have to hook up a license plate light.

If you have a busa tail then the built in license plate light will light that bad boy up great.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Depending on the laws in your area, you may not need a license plate light. If you do, u can always get some led's have 1 on each side pointing down towards the plate.

Comment

I've posted on this before, with photos.................can't remember where on here, but:

Take the 14mm nuts off, then the wires run up thru the holes in the rear of the rear fender, one of each side, then BOTH run to the right and OUT thru a slot in the top of the rear fender , then along side that fender to just in front of the frame brace for the grab bar. Slight pressure pulling UP releases the coupling. There are a gray, black and white ones.

BLACK = Right side Signal
          GRAY = Left Signal
          White = License PLate light.

On the license plate light, take the fixture off ands totally apart. Use JUST the wires, socket and bulb, and toss the rest. Drill a hole in the middle rear of the fender on the flat area just inside the vertical lip. You'll see an area......just center it. Push the light thru, run the white back to where it came from, and push it back in.
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thats definately nicer looking than trying to remount the entire stock license plate light or going and buying one separately.

Great info Keith, again

Comment

I've posted on this before, with photos.................can't remember where on here, but:

Take the 14mm nuts off, then the wires run up thru the holes in the rear of the rear fender, one of each side, then BOTH run to the right and OUT thru a slot in the top of the rear fender , then along side that fender to just in front of the frame brace for the grab bar. Slight pressure pulling UP releases the coupling. There are a gray, black and white ones.

BLACK = Right side Signal
              GRAY = Left Signal
              White = License PLate light.

On the license plate light, take the fixture off ands totally apart. Use JUST the wires, socket and bulb, and toss the rest. Drill a hole in the middle rear of the fender on the flat area just inside the vertical lip. You'll see an area......just center it. Push the light thru, run the white back to where it came from, and push it back in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done Rear Detail.jpg
              Description:

Filesize: 153.24 KB
              Viewed: 0 Time(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I did it that way and it came out great, that little rubber deal on the liscense plate light fit snug into the hole I drilled.

Comment

Working...
              X