No announcement yet.
X

93 gsx 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ll try add loads of brake fluid tomorrow see if i can pump em out...

Once i get it mot im gunna rip those stickers off and do a tasteful wrap lol tasteful on a street cruiser trike!!

I got this as a stop gap as the mrs wont let me get a license she thinks id be dangerous lol yet she let me ride that lol. Only a toy to go to work and back

I have also noticed i dont need to pull the clutch in to start the bike.
    Last edited by maughanorama; 08-21-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Whaaaaaaat!!!! That thing is cool!!!
      We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

hehe yer my 7 year old loves it.. he cant wait till i get it road legal.
        Its not the original exhaust i dont think but yer its got some extra weight to it.. probably wont accelerate fast
        Last edited by maughanorama; 08-18-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Ok done the brakes.. i just kept adding doto 4 and had a spanner in there instead of pads... the all came out . I cleaned em up with brasso.

I had a quick blast up and down the street now it runs good albeit rich as fuk i can smell fuel all the time like a fuel leak but cant find it. Thats not the problem tho.

Problem is my front wheel is wobbling all over the place .. i mean uncontrollable wobble in first gear... do we think tyre or worse?

thanks

Comment

What kind of wobble, side to side or a bounce?

Any luck with the a/f screws? Didn't catch if you drilled the factory plugs or someone else did? Could continue to let them soak and try an impact tool, or worse case they could be cross threaded.
            Last edited by rperry03; 08-19-2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yer side to side tank slapper style. I have not played with carbs today concentrated on brakes ad having a ride...

the carbs where clear i never drilled anything someone had a play before me

Comment

Instant gratification lol we all need it! Handlebars or wheel go side to side? While moving straight does just the wheel go side to or the entire steering? Condition of tires? Are either calipers brakes dragging?

Comment

Meh i dunno.. the wheel and bars go nuts shaking left to right not under acceleration though. Tyre looks good but has been sat for 2 years. Im hoping fuked tyre at worst

Comment

Your fix is most likely the steering head bearings. When they are loose or worn the front will wobble badly or cause tank slap. Not a good situation. wobble could also be wheel bearings, misaligned rear wheel, a bad tire or warped rotor. The later would be slight to med wobble.

The clue here is it stops under acceleration. That's because under throttle the weight shifts off the front end and is now on the rear tire. Opposite under breaking.
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-19-2017, 06:46 PM.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Its a trike!!!! Lol so side to side is gonna be alignment. Make sure the top triple tree is tight and they have the same spacing. Loosen but dont remove every bolt under the top triple, including brakes and even the wheel axel loose, not off but loose. Then i like to prop myself on the tank and jump and force my weight strait down from the top triple i pretend there is a line thru the axel and push for it, do this a few time and then slowly tighten everything back a little at a time and try it again. .... a trike is cool, i lobe restoring old 250r hondas. Also check your rear tire pressure and alignment. Is it a chain drive or like a vw rear end?
                      Last edited by Mrontime; 08-19-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I was thinking steering head bearings too, didn't want to rule out tire, wheel bearing, or brake issues considering they were rebuilt.
                        Lift the front end off the ground and feel for play pushing and pulling on front end.

Comment

Trike rear axles can be misaligned.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Also the pivot bearings/bushings in the rear end ar critical, bad pivot bearings can cause this swaying action. Jack up the rear and shake the rear end some if it jiggles it needs bearings

Comment

Thanks all ill have a look later today...
                              What happens is the handle bars steer themselves left and right. its a chain drive. Also has a diff on the axle. Im thinking it could be one of the calipers hanging on to the brake disk. I didnt do a full rebuild on them. I just extended the pistons out and cleaned em. Ill jack up the front later and have a play

Have to admit the trike rear end has become loose i need to swap out the locking bolts that lock the axle from sliding forward. I know this because the chain has become really loose.
                              I think looking the things that i have done so far on this the previous owner didnt really look things up i think they just guessed. The clutch was so far adjusted out that there was no adjustment left on the lever end or the gearbox end so sorted that out.rear brakes light switch was wired up back to front and the switch was wrongly adjusted but it didnt matter coz the switch hook was missing lol

As it was sat for 2 years+ i suppose it possibly could be a mishaped tyre? Ill check later
                              Last edited by maughanorama; 08-20-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

It an out of line rear end based on what your saying. Even with a bad front tire on a three wheeler your gonna feel it go up and down but not pull back and forth. If you shorten one side of a triangle its gonna pull that way, if the rear is looses it can move back and forth, if your worried about the front brakes, take em off and tie them up and take it for a short ride to see what it does to the handling, it could be a sticking caliper compounding your issue. If the rear isnt rock solid though it will never feel stable. I suggest getting the motion pro chain alignment tool. It works on my trikes and takes alot of the guess work out.
                                Last edited by Mrontime; 08-20-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X