X

Replace Suspension or Time to Sell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    I understand that post 600 shocks can be rebuilt. How well do they work? Thanks

They can not.

Post 750 can be rebuilt. Rebuilt correctly, they work as good as any aftermarket shock.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Even if you bought the Ohlins, it would still need to be resprung for the riders weight.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        Even if you bought the Ohlins, it would still need to be resprung for the riders weight.
        Something just for those looking for an Ohlins shock for the post kat's. The Ohlins with the hyd preload adjuster has a problem in that the spring will coil bind before the shock reaches full travel. How do I know this? Easy I have a Ohlins shock myself that I bought to check out and did my measuring and bingo there was the first issue I found with it. Also they were delivered out of the box with an average spring rate that would work for about 120# rider so as Steve has stated they would need to be resprung for your weight.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
          A breaker bar where you can fit it is nice but otherwise I think I did a wrench on the end of a wrench

no biggie, just post a pic

+1 if you have to drink more than 1....ok 2 beers then your doing it wrong

+1 if you have to drink more than 1....ok 2 beers then your doing it wrong
          I'm currently away from home at college, and don't have all the tools back at home. Just a small part. No breaker bars. I do have an impact and small air compressor now though.
          First motorcycle - new project
          1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing about my Kat. It currently has 36,000 miles on it and is need of new suspension. I plan on keeping it for a while after all I already but a ton of work into mine. So can we really get new suspension for about $500 dollars. I can do the labor.
            Best Regard,

Matt Coney (559-300-7037)

Comment

Yes, although the rumor is that T is leaving RaceTech soon and going back into business for himself.
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

HRS?
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yes, although the rumor is that T is leaving RaceTech soon and going back into business for himself.
                  This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Not that I begrudge Tmod the big bucks, I just miss having my T around.

And yes, he still makes me feel tingly in my special places every time I get on my bike, even 3k miles away. That's how good he is...
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

im not understanding the pros and cons to Tmod's possible change, thought him at RaceTech was s good thing? Someone care to elaborate?
                    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Tmod at RaceTech means Tmod not spending much time here. It's a personal selfish thing for me.
                      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I see. Is there any advantage (or disadvantages) on the business end for us KR members as in costs an what not?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                          im not understanding the pros and cons to Tmod's possible change, thought him at RaceTech was s good thing? Someone care to elaborate?
                          Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
                          Tmod at RaceTech means Tmod not spending much time here. It's a personal selfish thing for me.
                          It means if you want T to do the work, you'll have to send it to T, and not race tech.

Also I'm not sure if the KR discount will be in effect after he leaves RaceTech or not HOWEVER T's prices were slightly lower than racetech with the discount anyway.
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                            They can not.

Post 750 can be rebuilt. Rebuilt correctly, they work as good as any aftermarket shock.

Krey
                            Thanks Kreylyn, I must have had a mis-read moment some where along the way.

Comment

It means if you want T to do the work, you'll have to send it to T, and not race tech.

Also I'm not sure if the KR discount will be in effect after he leaves RaceTech or not HOWEVER T's prices were slightly lower than racetech with the discount anyway.
                              just what I was wondering, thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X