X
X

Kat vs SV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second you comment on Harleys you lose all credibility. Those are the most reliable, longest lasting and most powerful twins you can find. You also lose credibility talking about 4 cylinder bikes being more useful on a drag strip. Twins own drag bike races, Harley and Buell have always dominated. They make torque to launch a bike with far more consistency than a 4 cylinder can. I've owned them all, and still own them all, and can speak from experience. I have a Ducati Monster 750 twin sitting in the garage right now that is a turd compared even to my Kat 600 and the Ducati weighs half what the Kat does. My old 1600cc Harley twin would spank most 4 cylinder bikes from 0-80, and got better fuel economy doing it. You see 100k mile Harleys on the road all the time. You can't find a 100k mile inline 4 that has its original motor. Only retarded ricers hate Harley because they are Harley. The fact is my Street Bob was a 1600cc fuel injected, computer controlled, smog friendly bike with more technology packed inside than most any other bike on the road. Idiots and hard heads only see the facts that Harleys are loud and expensive but most have never even sat on one. They are the best riding, best looking, most reliable bikes ever built. Harley Davidson also invented bike racing as we know it. Not only that, they should be credited with starting the enduro style bikes. Without HD our bikes would still be suckling on 1970s technology.

Comment

Tempted, you're joking, right?
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ah... I get it! It's satire!

Going back and reading that now with that understanding... that was good stuff.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Is this guy serious? No one can be that out of touch with reality unless...troll?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Guess Joe's 88K mile Connie is about to die and Tom's 100+K busa is a miracle. Not to mention all those gold wings.

If the guy even botherd to read my post I said drag ok with v twin since you dont care about top end. that said busa, zx14, bmw 1000rr, ect woudl all spank a harley in a drag race. I would wager quite a few inlines would.

And harleys at the cusp of innovation.....LOL....Sure if you live in 1975.

I wont touch on reliability as I think it is pretty well known they have reliability issues and everyone I know who has one has had numerous things go wrong. That said my Triumph is not without issues either but you hear a LOT less from Jap brands reliability wise then Harley. I would put Harley above Ducati in many instances though...
            I am a Penn State fanatic.
            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Really? Lets hear about some of those reliability issues. And you might find a jap bike or two that will hit near 100k, but you'll find a hundred Harleys over 100k every time you ride. Don't be stupid, the bikes are the most reliable around and anyone with a brain knows it. Just crybabies and hell bent ricers that squall about them sucking. When is the last time your Harley broke down?

Comment

Originally posted by Tempted View Post
                Really? Lets hear about some of those reliability issues. And you might find a jap bike or two that will hit near 100k, but you'll find a hundred Harleys over 100k every time you ride. Don't be stupid, the bikes are the most reliable around and anyone with a brain knows it. Just crybabies and hell bent ricers that squall about them sucking. When is the last time your Harley broke down?
                Speaking as a manager of a hotel near a dealer and the local hospital... who gets to check people in all the time with broken down bikes since I'm the closest hotel to them.... yeah. I see it all the time.

Harleys = major mechanic issues (shop) or crashed (hospital)...

Jap bikes = "needed a tire..."

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Is this for real????
                  -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                  sigpic

Comment

I cant tell if he is trolling or serious. If trolling good one I guess. If serious then you need to go to some harley forum to have your ego stroked I guess. I will not feed your misperceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      Harleys = major mechanic issues (shop) or crashed (hospital)...

Jap bikes = "needed a tire..."

Krey
                      Curious...when you say, 'crashed.' Is that crashed because of mechanical failure? I assume so; just trying to confirm. That would be appalling if that were the case.
                      Extra life.

Comment

mainly lack of rider skill but that also goes hand in hand with trying to drive a bike like a harley not made for constant switchbacks on roads set up to test you at every turn.

Comment

When is the last time your Harley broke down?

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                            mainly lack of rider skill but that also goes hand in hand with trying to drive a bike like a harley not made for constant switchbacks on roads set up to test you at every turn.
                            +1

The last 3 incidents their riding partners (on their own bikes) or family coming to see them (because yes, it was that serious) stayed here.

The most common reason was crossing the yellow into the path of an oncoming car on the parkway. That most probably was rider error, but it could have been the death wobble too.

Last fall we had a good 18+ rooms booked out because the 3rd rider in a large pack blew the curve into the path of a car... and between the bike getting knocked back into the path of those following, target fixation from watching it happen, and people just not able to properly emergency stop... 12 additional riders, 7 passengers from the group ended up in Mission Memorial for various periods of time. Some of them stayed here after they got out with lesser injuries while waiting on news for the more serious one's. Family flew in or brought trailers for the smashed up bikes. That was pretty crazy the first week cause 1/2 the people staying here were "we're riders, it happens and I'm gonna keep riding!"... and the other half were "Those death machines, I told him so, blah blah blah.."

The guy who started it was in pretty bad shape. They didn't let him out for 2 1/2 weeks.

I can't remember a situation where it wasn't a cruiser, and I'm only assuming it was Harley riders due to the massive amount of leather patched vests with some kind of Harley reference patched on them.

This past weekend was the BMW National Rally. Hotel was nothing but bmw bikers... not a single mention once of mechanical issue or where a find the local repair shop.

It was just 2 weeks ago or so I had a couple guys stayed here for about 4 days. One was on his Harley (it was in the shop for a recalled item that was supposed to have been replaced by their local dealer, but turns out wasn't and caused the break down...) other guy said he had a 58 harley he said was fun locally, but he was gonna stick with his Concours for longer tours thanks so much. The #1 reason... it never breaks down and starts for him every time. HIS words, not mine.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Tempted View Post
                              When is the last time your Harley broke down?
                              I asked this question of the 2 HD owners at my company. The answer for both of them "Last time I tried to ride it. I have it because it's a Harley, if I want to ride, I ride my other bike(s)."

Might just be me, but when an entire brand of bike is known to suffer from "Death Wobble" I tend to steer clear.

Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Harley Davidson. I'll have you know, I have a shrine in my garage that honors the memory of my "Harley Davidson Experience". It consists of snaped drive belts, parts that vibrated loose and fell off as I cruised down the road (retrieved on the return trip with the bike on the trailer). Insanely over priced invoices for parts and service from the largest network of thieves (aka dealerships) from one side of the country to the other. Yes, it's there to serve as a reminder that the legend lives despite the best efforts of any number of companies that build a better product for far less money.

After all, it is an all American (except for the parts sourced from Japan, China, Germany, ect) built bike, assembled by actual, REAL Americans. Well, and the ones that have their green cards anyway.

Live to ride, Ride to live. Or vise versa. You know what I mean. Peace, out...
                                Last edited by superbike; 06-24-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X