No announcement yet.
X

ignition advancer - is it worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there will be some residual oil in there. Perhaps a couple table spoons worth. Just put a rag down to catch any.
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Outstanding. Thanks for the replies, fellas. That was the only part I was dreading.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Anyone heard from Holeshot? I tried to contact them a couple times and nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
          Anyone heard from Holeshot? I tried to contact them a couple times and nothing..
          Nope. But they still have a website in 2017.
          2004 KTM 525 EXC
          2004 KTM 200 EXC
          1990 Suzuki GSX600F
          1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

there WAS a thread on doing this with no new parts but I couldn't find it with pictures. update http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php?...ition_Advancer
            Last edited by KAT TOY; 07-16-2017, 04:17 PM.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Check your factory advance.. 1) you may no need one if your already at 5* 2) you may not need 5*, they also have 3*
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If you have a CA spec bike, you shouldn’t run it.
                But if you do... add relays to the coils, replace plugs with iridium, open the gaps a little more than stock and you’ll be shocked how good the bike starts and runs when cold.

Comment

I've been given an advancer from a a 1200 Bandit. I have a bandit also but she's quick enough. Would I be correct in thinking this will work on my 750 post?
                  sigpic

Comment

It should work, but again, it merely makes things on the low part of the rpm a little snappier. If you’re looking for an improvement 0-60, you might be a little disappointed.
                    Heck, you can take it further as I suggested with better plugs with wider gaps and relays to help you get Lightning bolts out of your ignition system and I doubt
                    That it would help peak hp much, if at all.

Comment

It will work. The advancer moves the torque curve to a more usable RPM. Advancers will also work in Cali bikes just as it would in all other gsxxxf models. Nothing in a Cali bike would inhibit it’s use. Check the part number for advancement then check the advancement of your bike, you don’t want to go to far.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

CA bikes have a different ignition box with a different timing curve; the advance is already there. Put five degree advancer on a CA bike and you’ll get some pinging on hot days ( that’s what happened to my Kat 11).

Comment

Had mine in for 7years.....no pinging at all. The smog label stated 3* timing. As I stated check the label before you go too far. Some bikes were advanced already.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                          X