Has she seen her last ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has she seen her last ride?

Morning all,
    Was about 100 miles from home yesterday when the kat started giving me problems.

26,000 miles

I was in first gear, shifted to second and the rpms went to the sky.
    Tried shifting into third and same thing. Sometimes you would hear it shift into the gear, but sometimes you got no feedback from the shift and had to keep pushing it up. 2-4 seemed to be where the problem was , BUT sometimes they would work!

I also tried shifting into second without the clutch, and the shifter wouldnt move.

I have been having weird clutch issues (slipping when cold) but trying to pinpoint whether this is internal or just a failed clutch.

I limped it home, and took the clutch pack out. Steels werent blued, and the friction plates looked pretty good by eye(will measure thickness).

Oil didn't have any metal in it

any input would be appreciated

For clarification - failing to engage in multiple gears 2-4?

Normally for 2nd gear I'd say a shift fork, but for multiple gears having issues...dunno, slipping clutch?
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

started pulling the engine as i did find metal in the oil..

Question: does the engine come out from the bottom or top? Im getting caught on the oil cooler tabs on the frame.

Comment

Bottom
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X