X

my final mod.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waltari
    Lookin great Roger...nice job on the conneting pipe. Flows nicely with the lines of the tail. What do you olan on using for the front rim to match the vfr800 rear. Never figured out what Hoonda ran a 5 spoke rear and a 6 spoke front? The race marchesini 5 spoke s match almost perfectly as do the dymags and BSTs (ummm, how about BST carbon fiber all the way around The five spoke off aprilias and ducs are a close match...can't wait to see the finished product!

Cheers
    Not sure what to do Matthew, a set off BST, Marvic, PVM or Marchesini wheels go here for 3 to 4K USD, apart from that you'll hardly see the frontrim since it's closed in by the brakediscs.
    Would be an update in handling that's for sure, but at that price...?
    Do you know if the Aprilia/Duc frontrims are a bolt in for the Moko USD? (comparable with the oil/air coolde Gixer USD), would hate to have let go the Breaking wavediscs.

Comment

I know both a Ducati 5 spoke and a Aprilia 5 spoke fit the gsxr 20002 front end I'm using. Get rotors that match the wheel, change bearing sizes if necessary to match your axle size and machine two caliper brackets to line up the calipers with the rotors. Basically what I'm doing with my 82 kat...downside is, both aprilia and duc 5 spokes are tough to come by that haven't been through a crash.

Comment

I will keep this in mind Matthew, but it's looooooooow priority for the moment, I'm satisfied with the look now, just will have the centre off the rims painted the same colour. (a bit reversed-working since I polished the lips allready but that won't be a real problem)

Will keep an eye on Ebay open for a nice set off wheels.

Comment

That rim looks indetical to my OEM 'blades' on my Integra. Seat area looks well...like it would hurt a lot. Looking great though keep us updated.

Comment

5 spokes versus 6 spokes yup identical
            For the seatposition, you ought to look better it's exactly the same angle once the saddle is on, the height is even on purpose somewhat lower than stock.

Comment

Comment

Man that paint is awesome. Looks like it is raised!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Man, you've GOT to be pushin' some serious power yerself there Kwebbel...I mean, my 1216 is sitting at about 135whp/95wtq, so you've gotta be hittin' that without a problem....

Your bike gets sexier every time you post pictures. I hate you.
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Love it if people hate me for my bike DooD, thanks buddy

Comment

My gf looked at the tank and told me she doesn't like the paintjob she says it's too civilized, too tame and she hates "white" wants me to go for something more "exotic".
                      So I decided to go for a total different idea, must admit I'm stealing it from Shoei and it will be a PITA to do (a lot off paintbrushing, flakes aso involved) but anyway...

Comment

wow thats some nice work there. cant wait to see the finished product. I like your final can placement a litte bit of the first two. Swing arm is hot too.

This is unrelated but I was wondering why both guys had what looked to be like wedding bands on their right ring finger. Does this mean engaged? or ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozer7380
                          This is unrelated but I was wondering why both guys had what looked to be like wedding bands on their right ring finger. Does this mean engaged? or ?

I'm the guy on the left wearing an engagementband, the guy on the right is a good friend off mine he's married.
                          Overhere katholics wear the band on the left hand, protestants on the right hand.

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks for that tid bit of culture. Keep up the great work

Comment

Working...
                            X