X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around here most have those sensor thingies looking down on you from above the stoplights. Many times it won't trigger when I pull up, but will almost always recognize when I flip my brights a couple times. I'm still pretty much SOL when it's just that magnetic strip in the road though.
    '01 TL1000R

Comment

They sell magnetic kits on ebay and other places, I don't have the link however. I think I'll try a speaker magnet or something. There are a few of those darn lights here in Mobile.

Comment

Good Info

Comment

This may not be a problem for us down here in NC for long!

State lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow motorcyclists to go through red lights without penalty in certain circumstances.
          2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

I'll try the magnet thing - i have one of those lights that I have to go thru all the time
            YYYEEEAAAHHH BOY! OVER 425 RIDING MILES AND COUNTING!

Comment

Thanks for the link I had this problem the other day, was skipped 4times until a car pulled up behind me lol

Comment

I'll usually make a legal right turn then hang a u turn in the middle of the street and go through the green light

Comment

haha

Comment

I use the kickstand, it ??works??
                    1991 GSX600F
                    1977 KZ750B
                    1980 CB900C

Comment

Putting the kickstand down? Hmm I'll try that

Comment

For the Minnesota riders:

MINNESOTA RED LIGHT LAW

Sec. 42. Minnesota Statutes 2000, section 169.06, is amended by adding a subdivision to read: Subd. 9. [AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE RELATING TO UNCHANGING TRAFFIC CONTROL SIGNAL.]

(a) A person operating a motorcycle who violates subdivision 4 by entering or crossing an intersection controlled by a traffic-control signal against a red light has an affirmative defense to that charge if the person establishes all of the following conditions:

(1) the motorcycle has been brought to a complete stop;
                        (2) the traffic-control signal continues to show a red light for an unreasonable time;
                        (3) the traffic-control signal is apparently malfunctioning or, if programmed or engineered to change to a green light only after detecting the approach of a motor vehicle, the signal has apparently failed to detect the arrival of the motorcycle; and
                        (4) no motor vehicle or person is approaching on the street or highway to be crossed or entered or is so far away from the intersection that it does not constitute an immediate hazard.

(b) The affirmative defense in this subdivision applies only to a violation for entering or crossing an intersection controlled by a traffic-control signal against a red light and does not provide a defense to any other civil or criminal action.

Comment

Tried the magnet trick and it works! No more running reds in my area
                          sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

My MSF instructor told us a story about him being stuck at a red left turn for six full cycles because there was a cop parked on the road he wanted to turn onto.

And he couldn't get off his bike to push the pedestrian button because that's actually some sort of illegal parking.

So, he waited the six cycles and then finally turned. The cop pulled him over and asked for his license.

Then the cop returned his license, stuck out his hand, and said "I just wanted to shake the hand of rider who would wait through six light cycles before making that turn."

So there are definitely the ones who get it.

Comment

hate it

i hate it when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by pronator View Post
                                My MSF instructor told us a story about him being stuck at a red left turn for six full cycles because there was a cop parked on the road he wanted to turn onto.

And he couldn't get off his bike to push the pedestrian button because that's actually some sort of illegal parking.

So, he waited the six cycles and then finally turned. The cop pulled him over and asked for his license.

Then the cop returned his license, stuck out his hand, and said "I just wanted to shake the hand of rider who would wait through six light cycles before making that turn."

So there are definitely the ones who get it.
                                That was good.
                                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X