Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. Good Stuff!!!
    Looking good is understood!!!

Comment

Wow!!Very detailed and informative......thanks!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
      http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
      Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

woot one more piece of information under my belt. Thanks!

Comment

Great Info!! Thanks for sharing :tracy

Comment

Great post. Certainly will give me something to do on those warm Saturday afternoons!

Comment

Thans for the post, great info after years of riding cruisers.

Comment

Having little experience this post helped a lot - I did many follow on researches and started already practicing. Thanks!
                Last edited by Soares; 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Great Post!! This site is amazing. Such an active group of concerned folks looking out for each other. I love the sense of community.
                  2005 Katana 750

Comment

thanks

Comment

Article seems like a lot of math and technical jargon for one very simple point. I've got my own question set.

Imagine a tall person riding a bmx bicycle, standing up and pedaling hard. He remains upright whilst the bike tilts left and right under him.

I use something similar frequently, depending on the turn. I let the bike do a little more leaning than my body. I feel like I'm more stable since I'm still a bit more upright, and also it's easier to pull the bike back up to the full upright/balanced position (compared to having to straighten both myself and the bike). I would tend to think that this would lead to faster acceleration coming out of a turn, if I can straighten the bike up a little sooner.

Conversely for faster turns, or ones on wet roads, I will hang a knee out about halfway (no kneepads = kneedragging BAD). The sensation is that the bike is headed more out than down. Granted I tend to be leaning forward more at this time - i.e. my knee may be hanging some weight off to the side but the bulk of my body weight is still close to the tank.

I dunno, I'm unashamedly still a noob. I'm not trying to ride like a racer; my only reason for wanting to get through my turns quickly is so I don't get rear-ended or sideswiped. Oh yeah, and without falling off... or being in a precarious balance in the event of needing to brake/swerve etc.

So the question is, where can I get ahold of different leaning techniques and styles, plus when/where to apply them? Any input on what I'm doing so far?
                      The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived

Comment

Great reading. i feel like a physisist after reading that lol
                        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                        Current Bikes:
                        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                          ......Imagine a tall person riding a bmx bicycle, standing up and pedaling hard. He remains upright whilst the bike tilts left and right under him.

I use something similar frequently, depending on the turn. I let the bike do a little more leaning than my body. I feel like I'm more stable since I'm still a bit more upright, and also it's easier to pull the bike back up to the full upright/balanced position (compared to having to straighten both myself and the bike). I would tend to think that this would lead to faster acceleration coming out of a turn, if I can straighten the bike up a little sooner.

doing this might work fine on wide sweeping corners, or tighter corners at lower speeds, but the whole reason for hanging off on the inside of a corner is to keep the bike as upright as possible to give you the most traction available. If you're hanging off keeping the bike more upright, the transition neded to get the bike from one side to the other should be a little quicker if using proper counter steering techniques, since the bike itself has les angle to move.

..............So the question is, where can I get ahold of different leaning techniques and styles, plus when/where to apply them? Any input on what I'm doing so far?

"Sportriding Techniques", and "Twist of the Wrist" are both great books to read with a lot of insight on the basics. They both used to be available on here to download.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

anyone perchance have the rest of the images that arent broken links?

Thanks all!

Comment

i second that!! i wanna read the rest!

Comment

wish i could read this article

Comment

Working...
                                X