• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
    You can use the stock linkage.

Tmod
    thanks dude

Comment

Originally posted by 3cylinder View Post
      I'm in the middle of a pre 750 suspension overhaul. The bike came with an 8in over swingarm. Will the 08 r6 shock work ok, or will it be to soft? Rider weight is 180lbs.
      It will be on the soft side, For every inch added to the swingarm length you would add 25 lbs/in to the spring. So you would need something that is at least 200 lbs/in heavier. Don't get me wrong the R6 still has a little stiffer spring than a stock shock and all the adjustment so it would still be better than a stock shock.

You can change the springs on the R6 shock you just need a spacer that will adapt the new length so the preload will be correct.

Tmod

Comment

8 in

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
        It will be on the soft side, For every inch added to the swingarm length you would add 25 lbs/in to the spring. So you would need something that is at least 200 lbs/in heavier. Don't get me wrong the R6 still has a little stiffer spring than a stock shock and all the adjustment so it would still be better than a stock shock.

You can change the springs on the R6 shock you just need a spacer that will adapt the new length so the preload will be correct.

Tmod
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Simply the BEST mod I have done so far! Period.
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Great info on this. I'm going to go looking for a 08+R6 shock now.

I will try a search, but just in case, how do you go about lowering the front to level it out from the rear end drop with the R6 spring?

Comment

You loosen the bolts holding the forks in the triple tree.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                You loosen the bolts holding the forks in the triple tree.

Or better would be to put a spacer inside the forks to lower them, with out reducing your clearance on the front.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I see that the spring is good for a person around 200lbs what about a person close to 300lbs? Cuz that's me I have 02 hayabusa shock not installed just got it cheep so its on shelf. Is that the best way for me? I do also ride two up on occasion in town to dinner or store or just cruising around town. Id list her weight but i fear for my well being. I will be getting racetech springs (1kg) for front this winter so i to want compliment the rear.

BTW my pic to the left is not current bike is at stock height.

Comment

Originally posted by homie707 View Post
                    I see that the spring is good for a person around 200lbs what about a person close to 300lbs? Cuz that's me I have 02 hayabusa shock not installed just got it cheep so its on shelf. Is that the best way for me? I do also ride two up on occasion in town to dinner or store or just cruising around town. Id list her weight but i fear for my well being. I will be getting racetech springs (1kg) for front this winter so i to want compliment the rear.

BTW my pic to the left is not current bike is at stock height.
                    IMO the Hayabusa shock is not a good choice unless you plan on lowering the shock internally. The shock has too much travel and it causes geometry problems. Do you have a pre or post kat?

You can use the 1.0 kg/mm springs just increase the preload a bit.

Tmod

Comment

It's a pre 600.

Comment

Originally posted by homie707 View Post
                        It's a pre 600.
                        Ok just did a shock for a guy that weighs 350 and he is coming back here shortly to get the fork springs installed.

This is just a suggestion, Try and stay away from the shock that raises the rear of the bike way up there, They cause issues with geometry and chain clearance. If you want to raise the rear a total of 1" then have at it but the Hayabusa shock is 340 c to c and the stock kat is 300 c to c so you would be raising the bike about 2.5" maybe more.

Tmod

Comment

Tmod,
                          Thanks for therecommendations on the best shock replacement. Do you have the spacer requiredto install a 08+ shock on a pre Kat? If so, can I get a price shipped to 78108?
                          Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by TwoZs View Post
                            Tmod,
                            Thanks for therecommendations on the best shock replacement. Do you have the spacer requiredto install a 08+ shock on a pre Kat? If so, can I get a price shipped to 78108?
                            Thanks...
                            Hi,

I need to get some of these made, I do have one set left from a shock I used for test purposes if you don't mind a not so pretty but fully functional bushing.

Oh the price is $15.00 delivered to your door.

Tmod

Comment

Thanks Tmod...I'll take it. Please PM your payment preference/info.

Comment

Def sounds like a add to the list... good stuff! Is there a link or thread to a sales page for the spacers tmod, for when you get them, or just check back?

Comment

Working...
                                X