X

digital gear indicator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital gear indicator

Hi all anyone have a digatal gear indicator of there katana. do they sell one for gsx600f thanks

I did have one and will have one on my new dash.
    You can buy universal gearindicators which calculate the gear from actual speed and rpms or making your own one using the neutral-switch (needs a bit off technical knowledge)

Comment

digital gear indicator

Yes go here:

Comment

I have that one, from that seller. I have a pre with a 98+ speed sensor just for that. It works

Comment

difficult to install ?
          Insane

I said whats good -SHE said not much
          I said guess what? -SHE said whats up
          I said i think we should hook up -SHE said uhh
          I said what? SHE said but
          I said but? why you stuck? -SHE said f**k
          I said who? -SHE said not you
          I said then who? -SHE said you know
          I know what? -YOU know who
          I said i do? -SHE said you do

Comment

god no. If you have a post with a speed sensor you need the DIGI-E. If have a pre with the speed taken off the front rim you need the DIGI-C.

Comment

Hello,

Anyone know if the signal from the neutral switch on the Kat is like newer Suzuki's and shows a voltage depending on the gear you are in? I keep meaning to take my voltage meter out and check but have yet to do so. Its too cold out in the garage to bother taking off the fairings to get to it these days.

If so, you could even build your own. If you don't mind LEDs (not a number) and want to spend the $50 for the switch (if the Kat's doesn't) that does provide a voltage there is this:

TTYL, Jeff

Comment

there is a how to in making a gear indicator with the neutral switch. The 98+ switch have a pod for each gear. The pre switch does not. You can make it have pods, but it's not stock. Mr. Clean did that write up, someone will post it, I don't have it saved.

Comment

You have to drill and add some contacts to the 98+ sensor. I talked to an electrical engineer that is doing an install at our plant just tonight actually to get his thoughts on my circuit idea. I intend to run a 7 segment LED to display which gear I'm in. More for fun than anything. Also check this link. http://www.ledgear.co.uk/GearDisplays.html#
                  Maybe the Bandit sensor will work on the Kats??
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Hey,

I have to get a bunch of stuff for the Kat already and I am over my budget anyhow so I might get the switch for the Bandit and see. It should fit as the engine is damn close to the same. Won't be until mid next month when I get to it but I will report back if I find out anything.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jwilliams View Post
                      Hello,

Anyone know if the signal from the neutral switch on the Kat is like newer Suzuki's and shows a voltage depending on the gear you are in? I keep meaning to take my voltage meter out and check but have yet to do so. Its too cold out in the garage to bother taking off the fairings to get to it these days.

If so, you could even build your own. If you don't mind LEDs (not a number) and want to spend the $50 for the switch (if the Kat's doesn't) that does provide a voltage there is this:

http://home.comcast.net/~gsf1299/BanditGear/

TTYL, Jeff
                      This is what my DIY-gear indicator looks like on my pre. It's made using the neutral switch.

Also, normally you can't see the screen (you only see the number, not the background), it was just super bright outside and my phone cam still used it's flash, so it's visible in the pics.
                      Attached Files
                      1991 GSX750F

Comment

Last edited by Spedee; 04-24-2008, 04:29 AM.
                        Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by formaldehyde View Post
                          This is what my DIY-gear indicator looks like on my pre. It's made using the neutral switch.

Also, normally you can't see the screen (you only see the number, not the background), it was just super bright outside and my phone cam still used it's flash, so it's visible in the pics.
                          Hello,

What neutral switch did you use? And/or how did you modify it? My '97 switch only has a voltage on it in neutral or not and there is no difference depending on the gear so I can't make it work with the default switch. I'd be interested in seeing how you modified it.

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

I've got the zip of the do it yourself version. However, I don't have access to my hosting site from work and there is a 97.7kb attachment limit (the file is 1.44MB). I'll try to remember to post it when I get home. It's on Cyber's site, but I can't find the link for it.

Found it: http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/kata...DisplayMod.zip
                            Last edited by brooder; 04-05-2008, 09:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

That is kind of cool looking, but OTOH I was always taught that as a skilled rider, you should always know what gear you're in at all times. It becomes second nature counting "1st, 2nd, 3rd" in the back of your mind while riding. I've never had a problem with this "old school" method and frankly, I think it adds to your overall situational awareness.

Technology should be a way to supplement basic skills - not to substitute for not having them. I'm afraid too many guys would use this as a crutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X