X

blinker problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinker problems

A friend of mine has a 89 Katana 600. The blinkers dont work anymore. We have checked the bulbs, they all are fine, took apart the switch, everything seems to be working and power is going through. Traced back to the battery. Also checked the fuse, and again it was fine. Anything we are missing to check here?

thanks
    2002 Honda Hornet 900

If they light up but dont blink, you have one of the wires crossed. Thats what happened to me. I believe the wires are black and light green...
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

check the actual blinker. You can get replacements at part stores, don't have the part numbers handy, but look around and you will find them. The blinker is located ususally near the battery behind the rear plastics(plastic under the seat area, on the sides)

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Blinker = Flasher
        You can get it at any auto parts store for little over $2. I believe it's a 536 flasher.

Long Live the D

Comment

some one on here mentioned a flasher from a 70-80's chevy would work i tried it and it does thats what i'm using now

Comment

Have you checked the blinker fluid?
            2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

Originally posted by Specter
              Have you checked the blinker fluid?
              LOL Isnt that supposed to get flushed every 10 miles?
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

have you checked the alternator? Yeah, it was full!

Comment

Re: blinker problems

Originally posted by wonderings
                  A friend of mine has a 89 Katana 600. The blinkers dont work anymore. We have checked the bulbs, they all are fine, took apart the switch, everything seems to be working and power is going through. Traced back to the battery. Also checked the fuse, and again it was fine. Anything we are missing to check here?

thanks
                  Not sure how it works on the 600'S but I have a 1993 Kat 1100 and discoverd the lights will come on but not blink unless both front and back blinker lights are connected. Cost me 16 bucks cause I bought a used blinker relay and it still would not work.
                  I connected the front and rears at the same time and they started blinkin.

Anyone need a Blinker Relay for a 1993 Kat 1100????

Comment

Re: blinker problems

Originally posted by wonderings

thanks
                    Not sure how it works on the 600'S but I have a 1993 Kat 1100 and discoverd the lights will come on but not blink unless both front and back blinker lights are connected. Cost me 16 bucks cause I bought a used blinker relay and it still would not work.
                    I connected the front and rears at the same time and they started blinkin.

Anyone need a Blinker Relay for a 1993 Kat 1100????

Comment

Working...
                    X