X

New member, new owner 2003 GSX600F Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new owner 2003 GSX600F Katana

New owner of a 2003 Katana 600. 8,700 miles, fairings and paint are flawless. Put a new battery in this morning and took it out for an hour long cruise. Pilot jets are going to need to be cleaned, had to run with the choke slightly on. Will post a few pictures once I figure out how to load them to this site.

Congrats, if you haven't already got one I suggest picking up or downloading the service manual. And with such ridiculously low mileage check the date codes on your tires ASAP.
    Kyle

Comment

Welcome aboard
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
        Congrats, if you haven't already got one I suggest picking up or downloading the service manual. And with such ridiculously low mileage check the date codes on your tires ASAP.
        The guy I picked it up from told me the rear is the original, surprisingly he had a folder with all the maintenance performed and receipts for the last 14 years. Already looking for new tires. You guys have any suggestions for good replacements?

Comment

Michelin pilot road 4. Expensive but worth it. Long lasting (15-20k) and great grip.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site!
            1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Working...
            X