X

Not riding this winter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not riding this winter

I have 2 kids(all that needs to be said). I don't get to ride as much as I used to:therefore, I need to store it for the upcoming winter. What do i need to do to the carb so I don't pay another $375 for a carb clean in the spring?

Another thing, I'm also mechanically stupid and lazy! The guy at the shop was really busy because of the freak fall weather we're having. He said something about turning a screw at the bottom of the carb,pull a hose and (can't remember) to crank the engine or not to crank the engine. He was really busy.

Is this somewhat correct?
    Last edited by jokane; 09-14-2011, 11:40 AM.

Originally posted by jokane View Post
    I have 2 kids(all that needs to be said). I don't get to ride as much as I used to:therefore, I need to sore it for the upcoming winter. What do i need to do to the carb so I don't pay another $375 for a carb clean in the spring?

If your gonna store it for more than 3 months, drain the bowls entirely of fuel. Even "stabil" and other treatments will not prevent evaporation and deposits from occuring due to evaporation. Your carbs are an open system, there isn't anyway to prevent that evaporation from happening.

The gas tank I would store full of fuel with a little bit of stabalizer additive.

Remove the battery or keep it on a tender on the bike.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

you have my sympathy , I have to winter store the bike in 2-4 weeks max.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
      X