Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk

Suzuki Katana Talk KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
md86
Katastical

eBay ID: md86dammit

When I think about moving , the first thing I wonder is "will the roads there be as fun as the ones here?" .

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86
md86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #12
duff daddy
Kat Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccersteve
well, lets see, if we remove the speed limits in the US, let me know, i won't go anywhere, and i'll let darwinism take its course and after all the horrible drivers are removed from the genepool, i will ride again.
if we do that all the women will be gone!!!! and we wont have anyone to breed with ..well lou and range will be ok..but what about the rest of us?
Old 01-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #13
SweetLou
Kat King

eBay ID: KanOGixxer

September 05 KOTM

What can I say, Range and I are Sexxy Beasts!
-Ohlins Susupension
-Various Other Mods

SweetLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #14
ThAzKat
KatBusa Owner

eBay ID: ThAzkat93

First off, get a motard or dual sport bike and you won't have to worry about the roads ending. laugh out loud
There has only been one time I wished the ride would end and maybe CyberPoet can relate. I was riding north on 7 mile bridge in Florida, coming from the Florida Keys. I had to make the trip that day. The weather was nasty, and winds very high. I was riding on the bridge leaning sideways like I was in some awesome twistie. Trying as hard as I could to keep her straight and having to lean to do so.
1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
Who knows what is next?
Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192
ThAzKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:25 PM   #15
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAZKAT
There has only been one time I wished the ride would end and maybe CyberPoet can relate.
Sure, I can relate. I-10 through Texas.

Cheers
=-= The CyberPoet
Old 01-22-2005, 10:48 PM   #16
WildKat
Bring Back the '80s

eBay ID: wildkat129

If the autobahn can survive in germany for all this time, it just goes to show how bad the drivers really are over here in the states..
Old 01-23-2005, 02:05 AM   #17
Mojoe
I let "things" slide

eBay ID: riven38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber
Yes, the US really does need better driver training.
Wasn't there a post a few days back about Alberta or someplace in Canada making new rules and such concerning training? And didn't an American or 2 say how stupid it was and how they felt sorry for us?
As long as people think like that, there will never be adequate enough training in the US.

As for roads....I guess I would have to say that we are pretty lucky here. Twisties, straights, mountains...we have it all pretty much. Lots and lots of roads. Mostly because once you get out of the urban areas, we have alot of wilderness in Quebec. So you can go for miles and miles and miles in between towns. Ontario is pretty good too. The area the Ottawa boys took us to (where we were by the lake and playing in that curve) was really sweet. I would have to say that road was one of my favorites that I ever rode on. Thanks again for that day Range...it was great. I think it was just because it was so damn smooth. We might have the same scenery here in Qc, but the potholes spoil it.
Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #18
Meikol2
Kat Daddy

I totally agree we need better training, and I would love to see a tiered licensing program. Shoot, I would like to see the state require a license to buy a bike, at least a learners permit that covers bikes. Right now you don't need one, unless you want to test ride one.

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk