X

Swingarm removal 2001

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swingarm removal 2001

So Katana newbie here... Can anyone give me a few quick details on swingarm removal? I just did sprocket swap and bought new tires. While I have the wheels off I was going to repaint the swingarm. It is my daily so can't be downfor more than a weekend

The manual is available in "mechanics 101".
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank you. I am not used to this forum yet. I'm used to Facebook

Comment

It's pretty simple. Remove the rear wheel which loosens the chain, and allows for the caliper to float free. One bolt for the pivot (under a plastic cover) and I'd suggest taking the upper shock bolt loose (easier to just remove the entire linkage that way) and the lower bolt on the cushion for the frame. Then the whole swingarm will slide out with suspension attached. Clean it all, paint what ya want, lube the bearings all around, put it all back together.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ive been ove the manual a dozen times and looked through the thread. I bought a 02 kat that needs to be put together. im almost done except for the rear tire/caliper mount. what part/'s go on the right side to mount the caliper? pics of one mounted and/or pics of the parts laid out in order would be much appreciated

Comment

600 or 750?
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Parts fiche at any online retail store selling OEM parts will show you that information.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X