X

Arg I Hate changing tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
    You think the trick with two jack stands and the wheel on the axle will be do-able? Iv never done a balance before and currently do not have the funds to take it to a shop.
    Lots of guys have tire changers.

I charge $20 to mount and balance tires (off the bike) $40 if its on the bike.
    Put an add in the local CL or whatever buy/sell you have.
    To save balancing the wheels you can install dynabeads.

FWIW Michelin 2CT line of tires are the best balanced tires i have seen. 95% dont need any balancing, the ones that do are very very little
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 02-06-2012, 06:53 PM.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
      Lots of guys have tire changers.

I charge $20 to mount and balance tires (off the bike) $40 if its on the bike.
      Put an add in the local CL or whatever buy/sell you have.
      To save balancing the wheels you can install dynabeads.

FWIW Michelin 2CT line of tires are the best balanced tires i have seen. 95% dont need any balancing, the ones that do are very very little
      I know a guy that has one, The thing is I won't get my wheel back for a month. He takes his time doing things.
      I got the dyna beads and they are holding up just fine. Waiting until i get some extra cash to get a changer tho.
      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

I just had new tires installed RP2 (great tires) with Dynabeads in them 1 ounce in the front an 2 in the rear. The balancing is great up to about 90 -95 mph and then I get some vibration. From what I've read I will probably need to put another ounce in the front.
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Just what I have changed this season already !
          this is a load ready for pick up going to the recycle yard.
          Plus I have dozens of good used tires I keep for spares and emergency for my customers.
          Dyna beeds are OK...
          I wont run them.. but I have several customers that dont want ugly weights on thier $1500 rims so they use dyna beads. Most clain for moderate sppeds they are ok but highspeeds are unstable.

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 04-06-2012, 09:06 AM.
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

some of those guys sure got their money's worth out of those things!
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X