X

Pop rivets locally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop rivets locally

Does anyone know where to find pop rivets without ordering through Bike Bandit or Ron Ayers? I want to put my dash back together this weekend but I busted 4 pop rivets and only have 2 spares. Waiting a week will drive me absolutely crazy. I know that zip ties would work in the mean time, but then I would have to remove the fairings again to replace the broken rivets.

So...anyone? Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, True Value? I plan on looking while I'm out tomorrow, but figured I'd see if anyone has experience finding them.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

The plastic button ones, or something else entirely? Lowes seems to have the best assortment of that kind of stuff.... at least around me.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Plastic ones. I was going to check Lowes. They do seem to have a good assortment of everything.
      -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I hope ya find some but dont think ya will...i need some too.
        mine are old and cracked..since i need the plastic re-painted after the theft attempt might as well get some
        what I call "button clips"

Comment

Try Advance Auto or Auto Zoo - they usually have them in small packs by the "Help" items.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

no kidding..i'll give it a try..thanks mate

Comment

I've probably got some somewhere... but I'm not local
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Now, for pop rivets we are talkng about a small nail looking guy that you put in a pop rivet gun, then sqeeze and it bulls a ball through the outer sleeve, making it bulge, and then the stem snap off?
                --in this case, home depot and lowes have them.
                ( I am detailed in my question, becuase I find alot of people misuse the term pop rivet for other things)

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
                  Now, for pop rivets we are talkng about a small nail looking guy that you put in a pop rivet gun, then sqeeze and it bulls a ball through the outer sleeve, making it bulge, and then the stem snap off?
                  --in this case, home depot and lowes have them.
                  ( I am detailed in my question, becuase I find alot of people misuse the term pop rivet for other things)
                  Part 10. Called a clip. Called a pop-snap. Called a snap rivet. It's a plastic rivet (trust me, it's a rivet based on it's function).
                  -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Did you try bikebolts.com?

I have a complete kit on order now and I believe part of the kit includes the 'pop-rivets'.

Might be worth a try there, but their prices may be very similar to Bike Bandit at almost $1 ea by the time you get them shipped.
                    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Autozone / Advance / Pep Boys....like was mentioned. Look on the aisle with all the "HELP" stuff. (red packages that have HELP printed on 'em) usually grouped with the trim / body work hardware.

Comment

orchard supply hardware
                        Bill P 91311

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                          Autozone / Advance / Pep Boys....like was mentioned. Look on the aisle with all the "HELP" stuff. (red packages that have HELP printed on 'em) usually grouped with the trim / body work hardware.
                          That's what I was thinking. I had to buy new snap rings the other day (even with the right tool I lost the blasted thing) and there was a bunch of stuff that looked like it would be useful. I'll have to check for the rivets.
                          -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Working...
                          X