No announcement yet.
X

Rattlecanned a helmet, results inside.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, think i got an old football helmet around the house. I might try painting that for practice.
    SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
    Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Paint job looks professional. However, read the article in this month's Sport Rider magazine. I didn't know this but DOT is only based upon a manufacturer's honesty and integrity and random checking. Snell is more pre-sale check oriented. BTW one of the other mags. recently (can't remember which one) did their own research of helmet safety and concussion forces and found a "cheap" Chinese helmet was actually "softer" & more force absorbent and thus "better" than a $400 name helmet which was stiffer. Snell, of course, rebuked this but did admit the numbers as tested were truthful and have since changed their standards of testing.
      LMT

Comment

Yeah, LMT I read that article too, I was kind of shocked to learn that while lots of other products are required to be tested before they can be certified as safe, helmet manufacturers, are not required to test helmets before they put them on the market, with a DOT certification sticker on the back. Seems like a weird way to do things, what with all the fuss over the importance of helmets and their effect on reducing injuries in recent years.
        "Screaming Eagle" = Harley dealer code for "Easily parts with money, and equates noise with performance."
        -----------------------------------------
        2004 Suzuki GSXF 600
        1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
        1977 Suzuki GS 400

Comment

Without further ado...

93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Heres a link to a site I'm on in Scotland. It's some pics of our mat Sumo's newly painted helmet. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Flymo View Post
              Heres a link to a site I'm on in Scotland. It's some pics of our mat Sumo's newly painted helmet. What do you think?

http://www.kingdombikers.net/viewtopic.php?t=1056
              Unfortunately you have to be a member of the site to view the URL.

Comment

Originally posted by Flymo View Post

http://www.kingdombikers.net/viewtopic.php?t=1056

Can you host the pics? Photobucket comes to mind.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

nice job with the rattle can. i am amazed what the Can can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                    Can you host the pics? Photobucket comes to mind.
                    Here's the pics

Comment

Now there is someone who can run an air brush! Sweeeeeet!

Comment

That looks very nice! Do you have any tips for getting decal/vinyls off of pastics pre-priming?
                        -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Wow thats a sweet looking Sumo helmet. I am very jealous.

Comment

Working...
                          X