No announcement yet.
X

shined up me lips!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great - but things always take me longer to do. I am going to do this, maybe this weekend...4 hours huh? Which paint stripper did you use? was it a gel? What kind of cleanup was required? Which alloy polish did you use? Something like Mothers Polish or something more agressive? I don't have any stands other than the center one. I assume that I could just roll it each time i needed to move around. Thanks for the idea that is going to be awesome!
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!

Comment

Nice!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox
        That's great - but things always take me longer to do. I am going to do this, maybe this weekend...4 hours huh? Which paint stripper did you use? was it a gel? What kind of cleanup was required? Which alloy polish did you use? Something like Mothers Polish or something more agressive? I don't have any stands other than the center one. I assume that I could just roll it each time i needed to move around. Thanks for the idea that is going to be awesome!
        This link is to my write up! Itll help ya!

no picks but should help!
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Damn - I made a video.

Should I edit it and post it on YouTube?

EDIT : I've reached my quota - I'll make a link to my Server for all the images. Anyone need some extra space? I've got 2 machines here, no waiting
          GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Okay - I finished him off on Sunday - took a good pic today. Wanted to take him to the park and get a really nice pic of him, but there was a wedding going on and they took the best spot...

I also washed and waxed him and added a nice coat of Tire Wet. Don't worry, It's nowhere on the tread - that stuff is SLICKER than snot and dangerous for cycle wheels, a friend told me AFTER I applied it.

(And yea it's a "he" and his name is 'Trigger')

As soon as I get my frame sliders ordered from Matt, I'll add that and the mesh mods at the same time

So here are the "new" rims :

Comment

PS - A Video is forthcoming as soon as I compile all the takes and captions.

Comment

River that looks great. video peeeze!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great write up and awesome results. I'm going to have to just man up and do this!
                  Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Just a warning - it takes waaaaaaaay longer than 4 hours!!

I'll let everyone know when the video is ready.

Here is a better picture...

Comment

River those look good, and BTW That was the second set I have done. The first time, about 5 years or so ago took only about 6ish hours. Even taking your time shouldnt take much longer than 6 or so hours.

Granted im still sanding and polishing my wheels, because they can look really close to chrome. but the initial polishing and all the stripping took 4 hours.

Comment

Did mine a while back...

you can't really ask for a cheaper or easier way to brighten up your bike without buying something bolt-on

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'll have to get some pics of mine up, but it took me about 12 - 14 total hours. But, I stripped, sanded 320, 400, 600, 1000 grit, then polished with black, brown and white compounds then hit it with Billet polish. They look almost chromed. On my second wheel I tried stripping then Billet polish just to see and they turned out pretty nice, but not nearly as chromey looking as the sanding + compounds will give ya.
                          2000 Katana 600
                          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

see I am still in the polishing stages. Four hours for taping, stripping, and that first polishing. I am sanding with 1200 and 1500 now and rubbing compound inbetween. Ill show a finished wheel tommorrow, cause I should get done with the rear.

Comment

That looks bloody nice !
                              I'm not a DIY person so dont really have the knowledge/skills on how to do it
                              If someone could make a how-to I could be tempted because it looks bloody beautiful !

Comment

Video from me is forthcoming - but there is a write up, a few posts in the beginning of the thread.

Just got my new Mac so I'm gonna try out it's movie creation software. I'm trying to get this done as soon as I can, but life and work get in the way of playtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X