X

93 gsx1100f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 gsx1100f

Some reason i bought a 93 gsx1100f..fairly clean bike with 13000 miles.. Got it for a good price and ran when i picked it up. But i knew something was going on with the carbs.. she was popping like to much fuel.. but for the price i took the chance.....when i got it home i took carbs of to rebuild them anyways since bike has been sitting.. and found the intake ports on cylinders 1,2 and 4 full of fuel.... so i also went to drain the oil and she was full of fuel as well...got to love it.. .. anyone offer like a stage 1 jet kit for these motors?? has a vance and hines powerpak and a yoshi exhaust which didnt sound to bad.. but im a Delkevic exhaust kinda guy... ive heard the 1100f is supposed to be pretty quick ? any thought or serious comment or suggestion ? thanks

Welcome
    136 hp, ~80ft/lb torque. Yeah, pretty fast. See if you can find a dyno chart to get an idea of how the torque builds, it's a definite curve.

Definitely need to rebuild carbs. Float height is wrong, float needles shot, or debris clogging them
    + Your petcock needs a rebuild. Fuel shouldn't flow when the bike isn't running, but it is. Fuel shouldn't get past the floats even if this happens, but it is.
    Factory pro sells a jet kit for them.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Agree with Shpielers, also if you cant find a jet kit(should be able to, check "Factory Jet Kits") You can put (2) .5mm shims under each needle and up main a size or two depending on air filter and pipe, set low speed fuel screws about 2.5 turns from bottom.
      "There's a green blur and a Gray blur. I try to stay on the gray one" Joey Dunlop RIP

Comment

Working...
      X