X

Brain Bucket???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Bucket???

What do you guys think of the so called brain bucket helmet appose to a full face helmet for around town riding?
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

It does just what the nickname says, protects your brain. Everything else gets broken/crushed/smeared along the road.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
      It does just what the nickname says, protects your brain. Everything else gets broken/crushed/smeared along the road.

The real question I was wondering was what does every one think about street bike guys wearing them? I know its a Harley thing but I think they are sooo comfortable....
      sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Honestly, concerning what other guys are wearing, well, I have no concerns. I used to ride with a friend who wouldn't wear a helmet of any sort because he felt that were he in a crash, he'd soon be dead as mangled. Guess what? He's dead now, but his death was not motorcycle related.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Where's that pic from a helmet manufacture that showed what part of the helmet sustains the greatest damage. It showed that the chin area has the highest vulnerability and the top of the head was down the line a bit.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
            Actually I think "Brain Bucket" refers to how the EMS unit is able to use the helmet to collect the 'brain' morsels of whatever fool thought the brain bucket would protect his melon in the event of an actual crash.

Oh and for the OP......I'm not a fan of brain buckets in case it wasnt clear.
            I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

wow
              just wow

I thinks guys look like fools wearing them on sport bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                Actually I think "Brain Bucket" refers to how the EMS unit is able to use the helmet to collect the 'brain' morsels of whatever fool thought the brain bucket would protect his melon in the event of an actual crash..
                LOL- really? Morsels? Not chunks, or blobs, or pieces, or hunks...morsels...

Last edited by Free Coffee; 03-19-2010, 06:39 AM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Actually I think "Brain Bucket" refers to how the EMS unit is able to use the helmet to collect the 'brain' morsels of whatever fool thought the brain bucket would protect his melon in the event of an actual crash.
                  Mmmmm stirfry!

Comment

you would be better off wearing a dirt bike helmet than a brain bucket.

Comment

It's all about what's important to YOU.

Personally I don't care what others think about what I ride, how I ride, what gear I wear, etc etc. I don't ride for them. I ride for me.

But since you asked, I'll give my opinion.

They look stupid. As in the biker guys from "Any Which Way but Loose" stupid. And that helmet is only going to help you, in the event of a crash, if you happen fly straight up in the air, and land on the TOP of your head.

Life is too short to waste precious seconds worried about what other people think. I'm not living their life, I'm living mine.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                        Where's that pic from a helmet manufacture that showed what part of the helmet sustains the greatest damage. It showed that the chin area has the highest vulnerability and the top of the head was down the line a bit.
                        here ya go Squiggy
                        helmet.jpg

so if my addition is correct, then roughly 61.6% of head impacts occur where a half-helmet doesn't cover. Easy choice IMO
                        Last edited by BoarderBry; 03-19-2010, 01:47 PM.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

They look retarded, and don't protect you. You'd have to be an idiot to wear one.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post

Here you go!! full face all the way!!

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                            http://myspace.com/solsticio
                            www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Yeah, we call them "Donor Cycles" too.
                              -
                              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X