• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    Looks like it's coming along nicely!...

Krey
    Originally posted by StevieB View Post
    Watching this thread... I dunno, I think it will be fat and ugly when it is done. Yeah, I know, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Originally posted by O.T. View Post
    For the next time you need hardware http://www.louisandcompany.com/storefront/
    Originally posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Looks like its coming along nicely. I was gonna say using some hydraulic pistons to have them open the doors to add to the fancy schmancy factor. Paint it black, or use vertical stripes to make it look skinny!!!
    - Thanks Kreylyn

-Thanks O.T. Ill definitly check the site out. I just got desperate and took the propane torch to the hinges to bend em myself. If someone actually makes something that will work then ill gladly go with it

-StevieB, Its a saddle bag for one, and its a lot more streamlined than those bulky saddle bags that everyone puts on their bikes.

-KenpachiZaraki, Thanks, Im still doing body work to it. Its white gel coat and im lightly spraying red primer on it so that when i go to sand it i can see the high and low spots easier so that the next time i go to apply the gel coat i wont waste any. It also makes it a lot smoother in the end. And its going to get painted satin black with a flat clearcoat like the rest of the bike. Takeing it unfinished product for a test ride to make sure it doesnt fall off on the freeway(knock on wood). Keep your fingers crossed!
    Takeing blowing up porta potties to a whole new level!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
      Fell asleep on the back of the bike??!!
      My wife does this a lot, makes me very upset. She is getting better but after an hour or so she gets sleepy. Night riding makes it much worse.
      Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

I was always interested in doing that kind of thing to my one up cowl seat. But was really afraid of screwing up the glass work i had done to it already. Instead of making them side compartments I was thinkin more of a trunk. But I didnt think I could get the lid seams to work out as well as Id like. As for yours....So far so good. It may be time to add on a 4.5 rim and fatten up that azz end to match so it dont look like you have a wide body bike sitting on a lifesaver looking tire.. Just a thought.
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Looks awesome.This really is interesting. I'll keep coming back and checking this thread for updates.
          sigpic

Comment

Great write up! Can't wait to hear about the test run! I'm still working on the time to finish up a couple of other projects but this one just got added on to my "to do" list! Thanx!

Comment

I'm between the lines until I see the finish product
              sigpic
              Navy Vet
              1998 B12
              00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

I like the concept! I thought about something like that for the Busa, sort of a much smaller Beetlebag. I wonder if using the tail from a ZX-11 would have helped make the process easier?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                  I like the concept! I thought about something like that for the Busa, sort of a much smaller Beetlebag. I wonder if using the tail from a ZX-11 would have helped make the process easier?
                  Looking at my friends ZX-11...it's the wrong shape, so, probably not imo.
                  Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

I was wondering, why not just have the space accessible from under the seat and have NO doors. Seems like you would have cleaner lines and you wouldn't have thing s falling out when you open the doors.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your project with us. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Hope it works out for ya. For all you negative guys: Don't know till ya try.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSandman818 View Post
                        I bought some hinges and tried bending them myself because no one carries what I need for the saddle bag.
                        I have at least two of those zero clearance hinges..
                        I'll take some pics, you're welcome to whatever I have for shipping..

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                          Watching this thread... I dunno, I think it will be fat and ugly when it is done. Yeah, I know, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.
                          If you want to see fat and ugly, just let me know. I'll send you a picture of my ex.
                          sigpic
                          A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by garrisonls View Post
                            If you want to see fat and ugly, just let me know. I'll send you a picture of my ex.

He's here all week, folks! *Ba-dum-bump*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                              He's here all week, folks! *Ba-dum-bump*
                              I'm also available for private parties
                              sigpic
                              A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

Can't wait to see final product

Comment

Working...
                                X