X

750 Weight limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
    Not big at all!!?? I'll say. I've seen women whose clothes weigh more than that!
    ok so she was VERY not big at all!!
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by Assimve View Post
      I am almost 300 wife is 200 + gear. It's easy to do when you are my size . I cannot get her on a bike any other way. Hoping this will start the addiction.
      Addiction to what? Seriously.... I think there are other bikes out there that would be a better choice based on what I've read....Perhaps a cruiser?
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        Just to clarify for everyone. 935lbs "max load" weight, or GVWR, also counts the weight of the bike. So, if your bike weighs 500 lbs, that means you have an effective passenger load of 435 lbs. With two people, it doesn't take much to get there.

GVWR is NOT your "passenger" or cargo load rating. It's weight of car/bike/trailer AND the cargo/passengers. So if you get two people that weigh 250 lbs....that's 65 lbs over the limit right there.

If you are close to 300 geared up, and your buddy was 180.....you were 45 lbs over the limit. Don't imagine it, you did it.
        we went threw a construction area , gravel, notched pavement,gravel on the pavement and that was because that was the most direct way home
        I was pretty nervous and extra carefull
        All that being said , I would do it again because I dont believe and leaving someone behind on the side of the road
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I overload mine often....

so far no issues.
          I have progressive front springs, 1/2" longer spacers 20W fluid
          out back pre load is amped up 5/8" and comp up 2 clicks

98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
            I overload mine often....

so far no issues.
            I have progressive front springs, 1/2" longer spacers 20W fluid
            out back pre load is amped up 5/8" and comp up 2 clicks

Thank you! This is what I was looking for . I will upgrade my suspension, and just ride lol. I was hoping someone else was over the limit and had some experience with riding this way.

Originally posted by Slofuze
            Addiction to what? Seriously.... I think there are other bikes out there that would be a better choice based on what I've read....Perhaps a cruiser?
            Uh....addiction to riding, like the rest of us. I kinda thought that was a given. Seriously, I think the fat people on cruisers and skinny on sportbikes is ignorant. On a HD RoadKing my wife and I with gear and some luggage would be over the weight by 50-75 lbs. On a Goldwing we would be over by almost 100lbs before gear. The bikes are heavier which throws the carrying capacity into a similar range as the Katana. 400-500 lbs seems to be average based on limited research .

I am only riding 2 up in the hopes that she will decide she loves riding and want one of her own.
            Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

Thank you! This is what I was looking for . I will upgrade my suspension, and just ride lol. I was hoping someone else was over the limit and had some experience with riding this way.

Uh....addiction to riding, like the rest of us. I kinda thought that was a given. Seriously, I think the fat people on cruisers and skinny on sportbikes is ignorant. On a HD RoadKing my wife and I with gear and some luggage would be over the weight by 50-75 lbs. On a Goldwing we would be over by almost 100lbs before gear. The bikes are heavier which throws the carrying capacity into a similar range as the Katana. 400-500 lbs seems to be average based on limited research .

I am only riding 2 up in the hopes that she will decide she loves riding and want one of her own.
              Don't get me wrong. I think your motives are admirable and I do hope she gets "the bug" quickly. Personally I've never liked riding two-up (even though I've done it often) because it "changes" things. Here are some helpful tips you might want to pass on to her based on my experience...
              a) make sure she gets on and off on the same side of the bike always
              b) pre-determined signals .....a tap or two on her left knee is telling her to hang on because you're going to accellerate quickly to make a pass....
              a tap or two on her left hand is to tell her you're going to be gearing down and she should press on your lower back so that she doesn't slide forward crushing your "twins" into the tank.

Best of luck!
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                crushing your "twins" into the tank.
                This made me laugh....i fitted a grippy seat cover for the G/F so she didn't!
                I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
                  This made me laugh....i fitted a grippy seat cover for the G/F so she didn't!
                  Don't ask me how I know.
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Don't get me wrong. I think your motives are admirable and I do hope she gets "the bug" quickly. Personally I've never liked riding two-up (even though I've done it often) because it "changes" things. Here are some helpful tips you might want to pass on to her based on my experience...
                    a) make sure she gets on and off on the same side of the bike always
                    b) pre-determined signals .....a tap or two on her left knee is telling her to hang on because you're going to accellerate quickly to make a pass....
                    a tap or two on her left hand is to tell her you're going to be gearing down and she should press on your lower back so that she doesn't slide forward crushing your "twins" into the tank.

Best of luck!
                    LOL. I won't ask, but great advice thanks. I was concerned about the helmet bump more than anything else. Wow was I wrong! We will definitely set up some signals!

Crushed nuts are for peanut butter, not bike rides!
                    Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

FWIW the folks from Ontario that know the Muskoka area and the other Kat riders that were with us. We ran from Parrysound to Huntsville via #518 to Ravenscliff in an hour.
                      Thats COOKIN IT .
                      these are serious twisties and knee draggin with this load was still easy and controlled. Braking is a lil tougher so give yourself lots of time.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                      X