X

katana/surfboard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked awesomely no wind problems or anything
    1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

you might want to try somethign like this , http://carversurfracks.com/
      or http://www.surferpeg.com/ or http://www.surfboardracksblog.com/mo...urfboard-rack/

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a good solution. Two things that would worry me: 1. The front end is next to your front wheel. Can you turn to the right without hitting the board? 2. The bottom edge of the board is kinda close to the exhaust. Not a problem when you're going 70 but if you get stuck at a light or in traffic I could see some heat damage to the board.

Moving the board back a bit and angling it up might help with both of those. You're not running a longboard so it's not much more of a sail than the bike, itself. Cross winds shouldn't be too bad but I think I'd keep the speeds down a bit until you get caught in some winds and see for yourself how bad that is. Might need to set yourself a rule that you won't go over xx mph no matter the weather, just in case the winds surprise you.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

When I went down to Pismo last year on my C14, I really wanted to bring my old body board (a Morey Boogie Board). The biggest problem I feared with that is that is would act like a sail and catch side winds.

Comment

safety.

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
            Worked awesomely no wind problems or anything
            are you able to put your braking foot onto the gorund? if you cant, i would suggest it might be a touch dangerous, there are instances where evasive action bight be required, and if you haven't got full control of the bike you will be in trouble. I would ask the local pd if they consider it 'street legal' before risking riding and getting a ticket too.

also have you got any pics of your bike on here, it looks good in yellow,, similar year to mine i'd say 94'

Comment

I think this is an accident waiting to happen. If that board touches the ground or a gust of wind hits you: you could be in some trouble.
              2004 Honda ST1300
              1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

Well to answer everyone's question, Yes I could put my foot down easily, it did not act like a sail nor did I have a problem with wind because I put the wax towards me so the front of the surf boards not acted like a wind cutter if you know what I mean I'll post a picture of a surfboard but I had no problems with wind and this is not a permanent solution it was simply just to go to the beach that day haha and I had perfect turn radius, no were did the board get close to the ground or nor did it interfere with my turning

if you look at the middle picture you notice how the nose is curved, if your siting on the bike I put the curve going towards me as you can see in the previous pic I posted of my bike and the board, this allowed the wind to nicely flow around the bike and considering the board was not bigger then the bike I had no problem with cross wind at all

Last edited by GSX-600F; 03-04-2012, 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

Working...
                X