X

Carbon fiber body wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon fiber body wraps

Came across this today,I thought it would look really cool!I layed my bike down a week ago and instead of replacing the fairing or painting it and hoping I get the color to match.I thought this might be a quicker,cheaper way to make the bike look badass again!Anyone wanna give their 2 cents?My husband said it looks like alot of work,I agree but man would it look sick!!

I agree, would be alot of work but if you do it good DAMN that would be a sharp bike!!
    1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

You're still gonna have to do all the prep work, so unless you just really want the cf look you're much better off spending 30 bucks on some spray paint and just painting the whole bike.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

We got the stuff to do the body work,I just think this would be saweeeeett!!
        I admit it's probably going to be labor intensive,but the finished product will look awesome!!

Maybe just start small and do the lower fairings?See how it goes,f it is a pain the beep then I don't have to do anymore and I can paint the rest.
        Last edited by ktykat; 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

after spending my time unsuccessfully trying to wrap some CF vinils for some time i figure out it is easier to just lay a real cf layer over the pieces and according to the 3M prices, in the end the price wasnt higher at all but theres a huge difference in the look at end. The 3M have nothing to do with real carbon fiber shine
          Attached Files

Comment

Ditto Dany Cya I make stuff out of real carbon everyday. Real carbon overlays are easy and they look really good.

Comment

It looks nice.
              2014 Ducati Monster 1200
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Love it!!

Comment

Working...
                X