X

Finally got to ride a few miles on my bike--96 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to ride a few miles on my bike--96 katana

Well we had some freak weather and it was in the 60's on Saturday so I thought I would take the bike out on some back roads (no lisc plate on it yet) to get a better feel for the bike. I soon discovered it was no exaggeration that the turning radius on the bike is about the same as on a semi truck, lol. The bike is heavy but it does not vibrate and is overall comfortable to ride. I am still surprised that for an 11 year old bike it has as much power as it does. I am really happy with the power of the bike and it looks/rides like new. Unfortunately I could not take it around any corners because of the rear tire and the fact it was back streets so it was basically all straights.

I would say the only thing I can complain about is the weight but once you get it going it is well balanced, has very good power and rides very well 2 up. In fact it was so balanced that I really could not even tell anyone was on the bike other than her arms around me.

Now all I have to do is slap on the new tires (Z6 or road attack) and wait for spring

www.WVstreets.com

Nice. Turning radius of a semi truck? Wait until you take the MSF course. You will make those turns real tight!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

lol, i was trying to manuver it around parked cars in front of the garage and i had to back it up a few times to get it around them. other than that, the bike seems great. I am going to order the tires and stuff tonight so it will be ready to go if the weather breaks again. right now the bike is about 2.5 hours away though.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Might wanna get some more "real" ride time before going 2 up again. Straight lines are a lot easier than leans & curves when getting used to a new bike.
        Enjoy...
        It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

I will be safe, this isn't my first street bike. my last bike was way back in August and I thought I was bored of riding but that didn't last long lol.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

You can adjust the bike and tighten that radius quite a bit with a little practice. Also check out this article http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/kata...aUpgrades.html
            ...I dream of things that never were, and I ask why not.

Comment

Dude, PLEASE look at the date before you post something. This thread's last reply was December of 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by iaskwhynot View Post
                You can adjust the bike and tighten that radius quite a bit with a little practice. Also check out this article http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/kata...aUpgrades.html

Comment

Working...
                X