X

Bar ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar ends

First post here on Katriders.com figured since I got my Kat put back together and running to the point I can ride it I qualify as a rider finally.

I have an 03 600 Kat that the previous owner tried to feed a deer to. He got down to around 30mph and then the deer turned, ran right at him and tried to vault the rider + bike. Well it didn't make it, took the rider right off the back of the bike and totally destoryed the front fairings+hardware above the handle bars. Bike made it another 30-40ft without a rider before it pitched over on the right side breaking the entire rear frame cover, tail light etc etc.

Long story short I've got what was broken either patched, replaced, or cut off. Bike now has the stripped down street fighter front end with a 1/2 fairing setup (go go die grinder). I have a generic pair of bar mounted mirrors but they really suck for viewing angle. I would like to install a set of bar end mirrors but the previous owner completely rounded out the phillips heads in the bar end weights. The question I have is, are the stock 03 kat bar weights held in by an expanding collet system or does that phillips run through the weight and thread into a weld in nut that is inside of the handle bar? Any suggestions on bar end mirrors that work with the stock Kat bars?

They run through the weight and thread into a welded in nut.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

I can confirm.
      I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

Ditto

Welcome to KR!

and....

-
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Drill the head of the screw off, and the weights will come off leaving you plenty of room to get to the screw.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Not the most current pic, taken early this spring. Still has the jury rigged junkyard Kawasaki tail light zip tied in upside down along with the super styling 10 dollar novelty mirrors. Have since replaced the rear frame cover + tail light with one that wasn't cracked 6 times and didn't have every single tab\bracket busted out of it, and a light that belongs on the bike. Gauge cluster and right side foot peg were replaced as well, both of them were shot when this was taken. All in all I don't think it looks that bad considering the sheer amount of Plastic Welder, Fiberglass Mesh, and new paint in there.

Still have the $10 mirrors but the'yre now on my nephews mini bike. Have some generic carbon fiber ones on there now that look pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
            X