X

help needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

so my bike started onky running on 3 cylinders today. #3 pipe isnt getting hot. i pulled my plug and it inst firing. any ideas??
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

Bad plug?
    Fouled plug?
    Bad wire?
    Bad wire connection?
    Worker grievance?
    Spite?
    Didn't say please?
    Moody?

Thats all I got for now..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      Bad plug?
      Fouled plug?
      Bad wire?
      Bad wire connection?
      Worker grievance?
      Spite?
      Didn't say please?
      Moody?

Thats all I got for now..
      You forgot...

No fuel?
      Carb problem?
      No compression?
      Stubborn?
      Lazy?
      Vindictive?
      .... and
      ADD?

Comment

no he didnt forget them, the plug isnt firing. the wires are shot. dealer wants 70 bucks for a new one and i will have to wait a week. if i had another mode of transport that would be ok, but i dont
        Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
          no he didnt forget them, the plug isnt firing. the wires are shot. dealer wants 70 bucks for a new one and i will have to wait a week. if i had another mode of transport that would be ok, but i dont
          I am heading down to Virginia tomorrow night for the Moto-ST race this wekend. Any chance you're anywhere near VIR? I have a few spare sets of coils and wires.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
            I am heading down to Virginia tomorrow night for the Moto-ST race this wekend. Any chance you're anywhere near VIR? I have a few spare sets of coils and wires.

Can you feel the love????

If Chinto can't help you out I think there is a replacement wire (bulk). The plug end is easy to change. The coil end too if you know the B_P tips..
            A long time ago there was a post of the ohm/foot rating of the wire. On past bikes I have bought the cheapest (based on size not quality) set of car wires and used them..
            Last edited by Black_peter; 04-23-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Can you feel the love????
              It's not him, it's his bike

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                It's not him, it's his bike
                Keep telling yourself that buddy!!

Comment

so im like 2 hours from VIR. this is my luck. im supposed to be going to buy a car in the morning too

Comment

I am heading down tomorrow night. won't be at the track until friday. I am there until Sunday. I am still uncertain as to wether or not I will be bringing my bike I may throw it in the trailer if there is room. If I do, I may be able to meet you somewhere.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I saw needed" and chinto was the last post, I figured it had to be an 88

Comment

well i dont know what i did but it is hittin on all 4 now. i guess it was just ****ed about me buying a car

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
                          well i dont know what i did but it is hittin on all 4 now. i guess it was just ****ed about me buying a car

You can trim the wires. They might not be making good contact.
                          If you go that way let me know and I'll type up some tips on the coil end of the wires..

Comment

Working...
                          X