X

Krauser Hard Bags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krauser Hard Bags

When searching for luggage, I was set on buying a package with a Givi setup but spent a lot of time getting "sorry, the item is discontinued" messages from several online vendors who claimed item was available or in stock. Further, a couple of them did not mind charging my credit card and "forgetting" to credit me back.

Then there is that other luggage rack system that can accommodate givi bags but it must be modded for pre-03 kats.

So, I decided to go for the krausers. Waited six weeks and got the packages in on thursday. It is definitely quality gear. Put it together yesterday morning. The rack lined up nicely -- almost. I needed to drill the support rack holes a little larger on the left side because they did not line up perfectly with the frame holes.

At $750, though, it is a tough decision to make. The directions are horrible. I almost had to have a German friend read it because the English translation is lame. I think the German equivalent of Peggy Hill said, "Oh, yes, I speak and write English."

Anyway, it took a few more dollars to paint the silver K5 panels blue for the finishing touch.

Last edited by ugmo; 01-12-2008, 06:12 PM.
    2002 Kat 600

they look great :

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

damn those things are huuuuuuuuuuuge
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Very nice touring set up. Any noticeable issues in a crosswind?
        What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Nice!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
            Took it for a test spin today. Not really too windy. I filled the bags with some last minute gifts/shopping and it felt good. Besides riding to work this week, I'll probably take it for a real ride next weekend.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            damn those things are huuuuuuuuuuuge
            Each one can hold two full face helmets. Since I'm not into the rear top bag look, I figure I can fit a week's worth of junk into those and my tank bag and put a couple thousand miles down in style

But until those opportunities, I need enough room for a full laptop bag for commuting. Since I have a new laptop for work, I've been getting a little nervous strapping the computer bag with tie-downs, especially whenever the bag shifted on the pillar.
            Last edited by ugmo; 12-24-2007, 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            2002 Kat 600

Comment

Now that I'll be in the market for a new Kat, and still have the Givi bags here, I wonder if I can track down the givi racks for the 98+ Kats, or if I'll have to go to another choice. Question -- do you know if the givi bags will fit on those racks?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                Now that I'll be in the market for a new Kat, and still have the Givi bags here, I wonder if I can track down the givi racks for the 98+ Kats, or if I'll have to go to another choice. Question -- do you know if the givi bags will fit on those racks?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                I think you can only use krauser bags on their racks. It sucks that givi is obsolete, unless you want to fab something or wait for that used part sale on ebay or craigslist. Lol.

Originally posted by fsand03 View Post
                Took it out a couple of days ago in gusts up to 30-35 mph.

Ran two-up with empty bags for about 20 miles on freeway and streets. It felt very bad. Almost got knocked into next lane on a couple of occasions -- a lot of leaning on that one.

Ran solo with empty bags for about 20 miles on freeway and streets. Ran almost like they weren't there. Took it up past 80mph and couldn't really feel any drag, but I'm sure it was there. Crosswinds didn't hook or anything.

So, I guess the bottom line is that passengers suck.
                Last edited by ugmo; 12-29-2007, 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2002 Kat 600

Comment

Those are really cool! I was looking at the Krausers as well especially with their superior bag mounts as opposed to the GIVIs. I'll get the big tail bag for sure to use in commuting. The GIVI rack is just horrible!

Unfortunately, I will never do uber-distance riding on the Kat. It's just a little too buzzy at high-speed cruising. A nice BMW K1200S or K1150RS will do just fine thank you very much!

Comment

Okay I love those things, can you post up a link to the site you bought them from. I would defiantly like a set.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mcmahonm View Post
                      Okay I love those things, can you post up a link to the site you bought them from. I would defiantly like a set.
                      i would also like a link, and how about some close up rack pics of the mounting , thanks

now at 750$ we need to find a better dealer :O
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        Question -- do you know if the givi bags will fit on those racks?
                        I was at the local dealer yesterday checking out hard luggage. From what I saw, the GIVI racks/luggage are interchangable with a company called KAPPA.

The KAPPA bags appeared to be a little more "low end" compared to the GIVI, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, or just need the mounting hardware, they looked pretty damn good to me. Just as a price comparison, the GIVI side bags were $400+ and the KAPPA bags were $170.

They had a display model and it was a KAPPA hardbag attached to a GIVI rack. Fitment was perfect. Maybe worth checkin out.

Comment

Cyber,

You can get the 98+ GIVI racks from www.twistedthrottle.com

That's where I got my GIVI topcase and topcase rack. They also offer the sidecase racks as well.

Hope this helps
                          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

TwistedThrottle says:
                            This item has been discontinued and is no longer available. As an alternative for the '99-'02 GSX600/750F,please see Krauser item #4003.008.101

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I would call Twisted Throttle before ordering their GIVI siderack unit. I looked everywhere for the '98 - '03. And, if I recall correctly, one vendor - can't remember which - told me that I needed to slightly modify the '03 and up for my '02. When they tried to order it, they said it was discontinued.

That is why I went with the Krausers, which I ordered from twistedthrottle.com

I'll take some close up pics this weekend.
                              2002 Kat 600

Comment

Working...
                              X