X

For the Scorpion Exhaust owners......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Scorpion Exhaust owners......

So I've got the post 97 Kat 600 header I scored for cheap. I've also got the corresponding oil pan and pickup.

I just scored an oval stainless Scorpion Slip-on for the post 98 Kat for cheap. It has everything but the can clamp. For what I paid I can't gripe, plus it's in perfect condition.

I've been looking everywhere. Scorpion's website doesn't list replacement parts. Does anyone have their instructions for their install? Anyone willing to scan it and email it to me? I'm thinking they might list replacement parts. I've emailed their tech support.

Also..do I need the stock 'muffler connector' that came on the post 97 bikes?

#4 in the diagram below...

And there is a mount welded on the mid-pipe...looks like it bolts where the factory post 97 does..on the side or bottom of the bike somewhere. Did you pre-98 guys who switched to later exhausts even use that?

As always thanks for the help

Chris
    Attached Files

That's a gasket. It prevents exhaust leak from the midpipe and collector connection. So yes, you might want it.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Which clamp? The one that goes around the cannister?

You can probably email them for replacement part costs.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
        That's a gasket. It prevents exhaust leak from the midpipe and collector connection. So yes, you might want it.
        So I'm guessing it's needed for the slip-on as well.

Okay I'll order it and the oil pickup gasket as well then.

I sent an email to Scorpion, I'm trying to find a phone number now

Thanks

chris

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post

Thanks

chris
          I think they are in the UK. Email is your best bet.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post

Thanks

chris
            I can't say for the Scorpion but when I put my D&D on, that gasket was useless. In fact, I would not have been able to install them together (the Inside Diameter of the mid-pipe was less than the Outside Diameter of the gasket). Try doing the swap without the gasket before you order it and don't need it.
            I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

You can get the muffler connector gasket from Ron Ayers (part #4). You will definitely need that as the old one is not thick enough to have a proper seal, especially with the Scorpion. That pipe is not as thick as with the D & D. Also, grab some high temp RV sealant at any auto store and use it where you connect the muffler to the pipe (not at muffler connector gasket). Otherwise, you will have a small leak. If you are using the 98+ exhaust header pipes with the Scorpion slip on, order the muffler connector gasket for the 98+.

Also post a pic of that mount you are referring to on the midpipe. I will have to look at mine but there is a mount where a rubber piece goes to prevent the center stand from hitting the can when in the up position.
              Last edited by KatanaSoldier; 10-31-2007, 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Yup it's the centre stand bump stop 'kit'. That's what the bracket is for.

I need to order the gasket and the oil pickup gasket as well.

Scorpion did respond via email with the attached 'installation instructions'

And then he responded saying the parts I need were available, but I didn't tell him where I Was so he could direct me to a dealer / distributor..lol so I'm waiting on him to respond to my letting him now where I am.

I contacted Pipe City, they are waiting on word from their connection to see how much / how long to get the oval clamp and rubber strip.

Didn't realize it would be so hard to find a friggin' can clamp.

But as long as the clamp doesn't cost $160 then I'm still saving money over a new set up LOL

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice that Scorpion responded so quickly.

If that part is too much, a clamp from an auto store would do the trick. Let me know and I could take detailed pics of the set up for you. It would just take a bolt, a large hose clamp, and some washers to make it work.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                  X