X

Corbin Seats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Seats?

Was searching around for some a new seat ran into Corbin website. Has anyone used the corbin on a kat? If so how do ya like it. I most likly will be getting one mainly because the old lady and I like going on long rides.. here a pic of them the back rest is removeable also and adjustable which is pretty neat... I think it doesnt look that bad even on a sporty bike:P [/url]
    !This Space For Rent!

nice seat i dont know about the back rest though. but it looks good with that too
    your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Lots of Corbin owners on KR. Hopefully some will chime in.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

like katana soldier has said....MANY people have corbin seats. I have one on my pre98 and love it. Great for two up riding. I don't have the back rest as it costs nearly as much as the seat it self. The corbin puts you in a different seating position as the stock seat. Now if i don't get this right someone will correct it. The stock seat on the katana is a saddle. A Saddle is where you sit on the seat the hip bones rest on the seat. Sort of like a bicycle seat. Now the corbin changes your seating position to a seat. Seat is where you actually sit on the seat like a chair. Also the corbin has almost like two seating positions, one more up toward the seat that is little more sportier and then back some for when you are eating up mile after miles on the highway.

Eithe rway if i got the above wrong or right, the corbin is a winner in my book.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

how much do they run?
          your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

I have a Corbin on my 2005 750. I like it a lot. A little wider than the stock seat and much better padding. With the stock seat I felt like I was moving around on it. Not so with the Corbin.

They have a fantastic choice of colors and materials. My Kat is gray so I went with a dark gray horn, black leather seat and yellow welting. I do not have the back rest so I can't talk to that. Cost was $300 plus shipping. I think it is well worth it.

Comment

Got a pic??

Comment

Actually no picture. I'll take one as soon as the rain stops and post it if I can figure out how to post it.

Comment

The weather guy says it is going to rain for ever so here are pictures from in the garage.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks Great.
                    Is there much of a change in your riding position?

Comment

Not really. The big difference is I don't slide around as much as I did on the stock seat ( front to back).

Comment

IS THE BACK REST REMOVABLE?
                        TWIST IT

Comment

Yes .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

May just be me.. But after putting on a Corbin it changed my bike from a "garage queen" to a daily driver..

I love the changes it made. For me im little lower and closer to the bars now. So there is little more of an upright riding position. Not sitting straight up by any means. Just enough for me to be more comfortable.

Comment

I actually put my stock seat back on for all but longer trips and 2-up riding . I find the stock more comfortable for quick jaunts (errands , to/from work) and twisties .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X