Hard Saddlebags?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanjoh
    Originally posted by squiggy
    I have Givi as well. Here's some pics of the three case set up.
    That topcase is HUGE. Do you have any problems at speed? Like aerodynamic issues?

John
    It's Givi's largest top case, 52 liters. But no issues with aerodynamics.

The only issue is when it's full of gear, camping gear for example, I can feel the weight back there.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I got a medium case coming . I thought the large ones would be TOO large . But then the medium's only a couple inches smaller in length and width , so probably not giving up a TON of room . Guess we'll see when it gets here ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Do the saddle bags cramp the passenger for riding?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback
          Do the saddle bags cramp the passenger for riding?
          It would depend on the specific model of bike and bags, but I know my side cases on the VFR do cramp the passenger. When I've got the GF with me I only use the top case.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Has anyone had experience with soft saddle bags?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback
              Has anyone had experience with soft saddle bags?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

On the Givi's: I run them on my Kat and ran them on the Kat before this one.

98-06 can take PL518 or PL525 racks for the sidebags, since the footpeg pivot, grab-handle and blinker location don't change between the years. The cheapest place I've found the racks have been here:

and I've used them before without any problems.

The bags can be ordered custom-painted to match current model year bikes, or you can order them unpainted and have them painted locally (or by Bob over at EmpireGP) to match your Kat. Personally, I don't think they should be painted at all -- given how the original color-matched paint job held up (plus no repainting if you change cycles).

As for soft luggage, if you are willing to give up your back-seat, the best solution I've found (and the only soft-bags I still own) are the BBag SpeedPack, which were sold by ChaseHarper in the USA but came from BBags.de. If you watch eBay, they pop up upon occassion and you can net them cheap. More-over, the manufacturer is great -- even though I bought them used off eBay from some guy in Chicago, BBags.de sent me free replacement tie-down straps and extras that were missing from the (used) bags on arrival.

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X