X

Raised graphics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised graphics

Anyone know what material sticks to metal really well so that you can create raised graphics? There is a pic in the custom and modified section of a tail with raised flames on it and I told my dad about them. He wants to do something similiar on his chopper but the material would have to bond to metal fairly well since its a rigid and will be subjected to alot of vibration. Anyone have any info?[/img]
    Uh Oh here we go....

3M VHB tape is amazing. We used it to tape aluminum block together for a test. The tape survived a 125 foot drop onto asphalt.

Comment

The bike you're referring to with the flames on the tail used Bondo to build up the sides, and then he shaped and carved it down to make the flames. Then covered it all with paint.

I have seen people apply simple vinyl graphics and then paint over it, and you can see them raised in the paint job.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

If you are wanting to apply metal shapes to metal, look into a product that the new car market is using. It is a liquid weld. The weld is supposed to be as strong as a typical weld. It is some form of epoxy. I have read about it on hot rod type sites, and it seems to work.
        I guess the new car industry is saving some bucks on welding and just glueing the panels together.
        AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

I cant remember the fighter site I looked on but this stuff was some kind of wierd bondo looking stuff but it wasnt bondo. I guess Ill have to research it a little more
          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
          X