X

Fender Eliminated without a kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Eliminated without a kit

Just eliminated my fender in a few hours without any fender elimination kit brackets or anything(in other words this cost me no more than the few hours it took me to do it). I used existing brackets and bolts although I didnt have time yet to make my turn signal brackets I am going to hold off until I get my new signals either tomorrow or friday. I can do a write up with some pics and illustrations and all that good 'how to do it yourself' stuff if there is requests for such or if anyone in the So Cal, Riverside county area I could help. For now here is a few night pics of how it came out looking(without turn signals keep in mind).
    Attached Files
    On the brakes less than the gas,
    More times than not,
    I'M HAULIN ASS!!

U should put the turn signals in the tail light. It gives it a nice clean look.

Comment

i wanted to but cant find the light assembly, know where I can find one? Otherwise I am going to put lockhart phillips mini marker lights the arrow or v shaped ones so they just peek out from behind my plate. but I would much rather get them into the tail light if someone could refer me to a site or somewhere to buy them.
      More times than not,
      I'M HAULIN ASS!!

Comment

http://clearalternatives.com/ for the intergrated taillight kit.I bought one and love it.Big difference.

Comment

damn that looks good when is the write up due???
          -to be the man you have to be the man

Comment

i made the same

i cut my fender with a die grinder
            power is nothing w/o control

Comment

I've never understood why people buy kits to chop the fenders on Katana's. It's SOOOO easy if you take just a few minutes to look at what's there to work with. The only thing I bought when I did mine were the short stalk signals and liscense plate bolts with lights in them.

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

i saw this last night and decided to do mine this morning... the only thing that I bought were the turn signals and the dremel i'll get up some before and after pics
                Attached Files

Comment

after shots...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just in case anyone is thinking of doing a write up, it's been done. http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=460
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

wingspan, without ever seeing that pic of your bike before, you have yours exactly how I want mine to look with 1 minor difference. I wanted the black paint with silver over also but with like the streaking back look more like gsxr's. I had even though up having GSXf on the frontal area fairing exactly like yours without ever seeing another one with it, just thought it would look bitchin. rear cowl mirrors, plate, everything! i gotta give you props your bike is just a beautiful Katana. Im getting there though, peice by peice.
                      More times than not,
                      I'M HAULIN ASS!!

Comment

That looks sick.
                        I'm here to find out how to make my Katana look nasty.

Comment

Anything is better than the big ole shovel back there. Nice job.

yeah, there is no need to spend a ton of money on an "official" fender elim. kit. You can hack the whole section off with a hack saw or dremmel very easily. Also works well if you take off the rear fairings so you can get a nice clean cut.

I choose to make my bracket, with the help of my FIL and the equipment at his disposal. Only cost us time because we had the materials readily available but even if you just use aluminum or stainless and paint it, its very inexpensive and u can use the stock signals or get short stalks real cheap.

Comment

I like it
                            "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -H.S.T.

Rest in peace brother.

Comment

To do the blinkers...

I did the exact same thing to my kat, and I took the turn signals out of their housings, drilled and filed holes in my taillight, and put them in! I had to resoder a connection last week, but I haven't had any problems with them for over a year now.
                              Wingspan: WHERE IN THE HELL DID YOU FIND THE REAR SEAT ELIMINATOR!?
                              LATER
                              Kelly
                              Attached Files
                              Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Working...
                              X