X

These bar ends say....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These bar ends say....

They are supposed to fit a Kat. But my question is, what is that black piece? Does that come off and the screw, I need under there? Anyone have these?

I have no idea but they look cool.

Comment

This is a universal bar end.
      The black bit is an expander.
      It you have a Kat you remove all that and just use the screw, if your bike doen't have the welded in piece in the bar the black part expands as you tighten the screw and
      hold it in the bar.. This is how my bar end mirrors are held in/

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
        maybe that faux carbon will get you an extra 5 bw hp
        And don't even think about putting a NOS sticker on your bike. You won't be able to keep that baby on the road.

Comment

man get a faux carbon nos sticker and that thing would be to fast for the track too! time to take it to the salt flats!
          Now that would be some unreal HP. I would be scared to ride that thing!

Comment

Oh yeah , the black rubber thingy . I TRIED mounting my bar ends without that piece , but the screws weren't long enough . So i left them on there and tightened 'em down as much as I could . The rubber will compress a bit , but it'll help keep the bar ends from loosening up . Works fine .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
              man get a faux carbon nos sticker and that thing would be to fast for the track too! time to take it to the salt flats!
              Now that would be some unreal HP. I would be scared to ride that thing!
              ROFL!!

me and my mates have a little thing going.. on bike/car nights, we havea contest to spot the most powerfull ricer...

each small sticker= 10 rice-o-watts (kw)

each large sticker= 20 rice-o-watts

single plane rear wing= 30 rice-o-watts

dual and tripple plane wings= 40 and 50 rice-o-watts respectivley

chrome wheels= 10 rice-o-watts per rim

and to top it off.... 5 rice-o-watts per neon or added on light (inc. driving lights)

makes bike/car night a bit more fun!

cheers.joe.

Comment

the black part is called a weld nut. B_P has it, you don't need that part but there are others out there that will work better.

like most of these in the picture the flat ones work best
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

KNOW THIS:

The Kat has as OEM about the heaviest bar ends on the planet. Aside from the ThrottleMeister, I have never found a heavier-than-stock bar-end. Lighter bar ends will increase vibration.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    KNOW THIS:

The Kat has as OEM about the heaviest bar ends on the planet. Aside from the ThrottleMeister, I have never found a heavier-than-stock bar-end. Lighter bar ends will increase vibration.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    What about off the planet?!?!?

Comment

CP---My bar ends are heavier than the stock ones..Solid Stainless Steel Revolver style...and the ones Nitros bought from me were heavier than my '89 stock ones also they were a bit longer...but of course I'm crazy to have made these anyways
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                        ...but of course I'm crazy to have made these anyways
                        But that's it -- you made them... I'm talking about what he'll find in a typical catalog or on ebay or on the net.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Your right...I humblely bow to your knowledge... ....but look around ebay you may find better looking ones and also ask the weight of the bar ends...couldn't hurt..
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                          X