X

Will 1100W headers fit the 1127 SACS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 1100W headers fit the 1127 SACS?

I did not see any sticky threads here, but anyway I'm seeing some 1100W (93 to 98) 4>1 exhaust systems on ebay, like to get one of those for my 92 GSXR 1127 engine.
    Thanks.

From what I remember, not directly but, it can be made to. Air cooled header pairs cylinders together and water cooled the ports are evenly spaced( ** **/ ****) if that makes since. You'll need to tweek the header.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Right, logical thinking.
      I was only considering minute changes in the pipe spread, and engine height.
      Cam chain on the end too?

Comment

A 1100W will not fit. The W stands for water cooled. Jury rigging them to fit will not result in a positive out come. Why try?

Comment

Yeah, I was doubt myself as well. I seem it remember someone fitting those but, this is KR.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks, as a plumber, I learned pipes that almost fit won't work.

Comment

Water cooled engines are wider and taller to make room for the water jackets internally. That means the exhaust is going to have longer down tube sections.

The example of someone matching a water cooled exhaust onto a Kat ended up being a source of great ridicule due to this. The bike literally was not ride-able for anything other than a straight line with no bumps.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

not lookin' good there
                Just saw a vintage 1990 article on a exhaust system comparison test done on the GSXR750. Seems the Yoshimura system produced the most power, but was rather pricey at $1450, others were D&D, Vance&Hines both less than $350.

Comment

that is probably my memory, not good, at all.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
                    I remember that, hilarity ensued.

Comment

Working...
                    X