X

Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
    the most I get on Motions is about 6-7K. only got a little more from PR2s. didn't get much from the PR3s. they felt squigly to me. what tire pressure do you use?
    ??? I got almost 15k from mine (PR2)
    Ran a PR3 up front last tire, it got over 20k miles.

Currently have a PR4 up front (4k so far, lots left to go) and a PR3 in back (6k, and again lots of rubber left to go)
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I have a 04 gsx750f and I need a new front tire. Any suggestions???

Comment

Read above, read tire reviews. I'm running a pr4 set.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I bought my 95 Kat with 10,000 miles and brand new Pirelli tires on it May of last year. They had great grip but wear fast. Only got about 5k miles out of them and then needed new tires. After much research I purchased Michelin PR2's and had them installed locally. They currently have over 7k miles on them and look great. All total I put over 12k miles on my bike last year and the PR2's performed well in the corners and in poor weather. Even took my bike out New Years Day and got stuck out in an unexpected snow storm (the forecast was supposedly clear). Obviously not great to be riding in that weather. But I was a few miles from home, so I continued on at a slow pace and made it back without issue. Love the grip and the mileage I'm getting from the PR2's. Definitely going to continue using them. YMMV...

Comment

Got the conti motions from motosport this week ordered them on tues. got them thurs.. Originally was going to get the PR3 buy decided the continentals suited my riding style better. On a side note I called local shop here to get them installed, he told me 70 for the front and 80 for the rear, to which I replied I only spent 160 on the tires your crazy. His response was I didn't buy them from him. He won't be installing them.

dan

Comment

Where in upstate NY do you live. There is a shop called moonlight cycle just over the border in PA. You take your tires off the bike and he does it for $15.00 each. He doesn't care if you bought them online.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Read above, read tire reviews. I'm running a pr4 set.
                It sounds like the PR4 is a hard mid medium side configuration. Sounds like mileage should be better. Please keep us informed on their performance and wear.

Comment

Originally posted by count View Post
                  Where in upstate NY do you live. There is a shop called moonlight cycle just over the border in PA. You take your tires off the bike and he does it for $15.00 each. He doesn't care if you bought them online.

I am outside Albany, found a shop, actual dealer, who will do them for 20 each

dan

Comment

That's a good deal! I just got my bike last year and this is my first. After I put my new tires on what a difference. I took it out today and these hold the road so nice that I wish I put them on last year when I got the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      ??? I got almost 15k from mine (PR2)
                      Ran a PR3 up front last tire, it got over 20k miles.

What??? Really??? I have never had a tire last that long. 10,000 is usually a good number pending on how I am riding.

Comment

Conti

Just bought a set of Conti's, myself... getting them mounted tonight. I was running a set of Maxxis tires that were a bit... slippery.
                        sigpic
                        '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Your gonna love the conti tires. Good deal on the install price. If I could get them mounted that cheap, I'd quit mounting them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by raidinmd View Post
                            I rock the Dunlap Q3's i've had them for four months and I love them, real awesome for the twisties and street. i've not had anything else yet, and I don't really plan on it either.
                            The Q3 is a great tire, but not what I'd consider a "touring" or even "sport touring" tire.

I raced a season on Q2's and finished mid-pack. I wish I could blame the tires for that, but they were probably capable of more than I was. The Q3's are even better.

For a higher-mileage tire, the Conti Motions get great reviews. I have also run Bridgestone BT-45's. Took those to the track a few times too. They're not sport tires, but they do better than one would expect them to.
                            -Chris
                            **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

I'll have to check those out, sounds good
                              1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

On my 05 GSX-R750 I run the Pilot Power 2ct front with the Road2 rear. I got 14k miles out of the front and 16k out of the rear running 36psi front/42psi rear. The first 7500 or so miles were mainly straight highway cross country solo ride miles, the rest were twisty mountain roads, and a lot of 2up riding mixed in. I'm on my 2nd set now and have no complaints.
                                John,
                                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X