No announcement yet.
X

Race Rickey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with it. Should be alot of fun. I love racing at the strip, but am no where near as fast as your going to be on a ZX-14 in a 1/4. If you get the chance to race him he'll smoke ya.

All for a good cause though win or loose. When I cut off my hair it was down to my azz and I donated it to Locks of Love also.

Hope you make it through the steps and have a good time.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

It's supposed to be a bracket racing format, so consistency will be the key. Red light? Break-out? Hmmm, I'm reading that Rickey has put the bike (in stock form) well into the nine second range. 145-154 mph in the quarter. 207 bhp @ 10,000 rpm w/122.2 ft.lb. torque. Top speed in 6th gear: 203mph. Programmable launch and shift lights. Three position traction control. New slipper clutch. Yup, it's a long shot.
      Last edited by superbike; 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Like you said, it's all about consistency bro!!
        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
        MSF Rider Coach 27028
        MoPowerSports.com
        Torco
        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          It's supposed to be a bracket racing format, so consistency will be the key. Red light? Break-out? Hmmm, I'm reading that Rickey has put the bike (in stock form) well into the nine second range. 145-150 mph in the quarter. 207 bhp @ 10,000 rpm w/122.2 ft.lb. torque. Top speed in 6th gear: 203mph. Programmable launch and shift lights. Three position traction control. New slipper clutch. Yup, it's a long shot.

Consistency is key, but not easy to achive by any means. I've been racing my bike for 2 years and have been getting better at it. I still have long way to go though. Doesnt help that I made changes to the bike in the off season last year, so maybe I'll be better this coming season. He11, if I dont red light and beat myself 3/4 of my runs I'll be better than last year.

Keep us posted. Stay safe, have fun and good luck.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Ah, the dreaded "Sophmore curse", year two can be frustrating! It's normal to struggle once you get past the fundamentals, I did, as most do. Year three will be better once you process all you have learned from the previous two years, trust me on that.

Brother, I think the trick is, (like the song says), is to keep on shufflin' everyday! Thanks for the well wishes...

Comment

Morning! Here's a "Race Rickey" update... Last week I found an e-mail address for Mr. Gadson and sent him the following note:

Hi Rickey!
              I'm signed up! I thought you might like to see a picture taken at a local Kawasaki Dealer in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. I also posted it on one of my favorite websites at the following link. Thought you might want to see what people are saying about the contest out there.
              Some Katana's see track duty. Some owners have multiple bikes. This is the place to chat about track days.

I know it's a long shot to get in the final phases of the contest, but I'm a Kawasaki fan and a Rickey Gadson fan...nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Hope you get a smile out of what I'm up to...Jim Bailey.

Now here's the cool part, within an hour, I got the following e-mail back from Rickey...

Wow!!! I think that's AWESOME, and I hope you win the chance!

I support pediatric diabetes and will ride to raise money again this season for the cause.

Keep up the enthusiasm Jim..
              Rickey Gadson

9 time World Champion Motorcycle drag racer/Racing instructor
              Drag racing school instructor
              Rickeygadsondragracingschool.com
              Rickeygadson62.com
              host of www.motorcycletalk.tv
              host of www.ninjamotorcycles.com

Having fun with the dream, daily workouts are going well. My blood sugar has dropped back into "normal" ranges, and that alone is worth the fun I'm having with this!

Comment

That is so totally cool Jim!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Bad ***.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Right on! As a fellow diabetic I hope you make it all the way! Wish I would have heard of it sooner

Comment

March 1st! I thought a "Race Rickey" update is in order. No news from Kawasaki, is no news good news? Maybe, maybe not. There is good news though, from the time I started this thread, I have only missed two daily workouts. On a Saturday back in January I took a twelve hour class, and missed that day. Yesterday, I had the flu (nasty) and I skipped that one. More good news, my blood sugar is holding steady at between the 120-130 range. For me, that is very good.

With as mild a winter as we have had in NW Ohio, I hope to get one of the bikes out and start riding as soon as possible. I need to work on my burn-out and launch skills. Some time on the tree wouldn't hurt either, its been a while...stay tuned.

Comment

Saw this at the bike show.

John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Welp, The eight semi-finalists are going to be posted on the Kawasaki website next Wednesday the 14th. I will not be on the list. Oh well, it was a jolly good try and it helped me stick to my winter workout schedule, so it's all good. The voting stage will begin on the 14th, it will be interesting to see who did make the list and their bio's. Good luck to each of them!

Comment

Your heart's in the right place Jim..... keep it that way .
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks Nino!

Comment

Working...
                              X