X

"Project Outlaw Prostreet"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Project Outlaw Prostreet"

Next year i'm thinking about building a full on drag bike outlaw prostreet style. any ideas on the cheapest frame i can start my build with? i've seen some go with the hayabusa,suzuki gs,gsx-r 1100 & 1000 frames. Thanks
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    "TIME FLYS SO LIVE LIFE FAST"
    { = X = }

Depends how fast you want to go. A Hayabusa can get into the 8's without internal work, and it would take a bunch of cash thrown at a GS to get it there. As they say, speed costs money. Don't write off the Katana's, either. An old Katana 1100 would be pretty easy to make really fast, so if you can find one cheap enough that would be a good base.

If you decide to go the GSXR1100 route, I've got an untitled (but not stolen) 1987 frame that you can have. It's just taking up space here.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thanks for the advice loudnlow7484 if i decide to go with the 1100 i'll get with u on that.
      sigpic
      { = X = }

Comment

not sure why but i hate busas. Partly because around here lots of my friends have them and cause im only 135 pounds and like lighter bikes that i can control easier. Not that this makes much of a difference on the strip but i would go with the GSXR

Comment

Go to psychobike.com. Hook up with Terry Mcintosh for any chassis you get involved in.

Comment

i will with the busa frame because there is more parts on the market, (craigslist, e-bay, etc.)you should go with a big engine from the start. keep me posted
            LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

yeah i agree i'll keep ya'll posted.
              sigpic
              { = X = }

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to using the kat frame and droppin a stroked 1127 in it...check out www.gsxrzone.com and look at their engine kits. A little pricey but I'm sure worth every penny... They have street and drag kits

Comment

Working...
                X