No announcement yet.
X

Kat 2003 Givi pannier rack PL530

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big enough to carry waterproofs flask of coffee and other odds and ends when on a ride out. Also handy for locking away a camera and GPS etc. and with them being top loading there is no wasted space so it's surprising just how much will fit in.
    And the biggest plus is they hide all the metalwork of the racks which in my opinion are nowhere near as smart as the old Wingrack system.

Stobie

Comment

Good stuff. I'd wonder if with those, i'd be able to get my Yosh RS3 back on...my cases get in the way.
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
        Good stuff. I'd wonder if with those, i'd be able to get my Yosh RS3 back on...my cases get in the way.
        I had the same problem with my yosh pipe, the givi side case i use touches the top of the exhaust pipe when mounted. so i covered the tip with heat tape and exhaust wrap. problem solved. i guess i could have bent the mid pipe which isnt a bad idea
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by chrisx2 View Post
          I was going to use Givi E460 box as panniers as i will be doing alot of touring two up and i fitted a short exhaust/muffler for sound mainly,but i also came to the same conclusion,will they fit on?,so looking at the mounting , i might extend the hanging bracket so the exhaust/muffler will sit a bit lower...any thoughts?..

I will get new photos when the bikes back from the work shop....
          I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
            I was going to use Givi E460 box as panniers as i will be doing alot of touring two up and i fitted a short exhaust/muffler for sound mainly,but i also came to the same conclusion,will they fit on?,so looking at the mounting , i might extend the hanging bracket so the exhaust/muffler will sit a bit lower...any thoughts?..

I will get new photos when the bikes back from the work shop....
            Update! The bike is no more...
            Some clown pulled out in front of me ,1-10-2012 and i failed to miss him after the back end slid out and i hit him side on.I hit the back fender/wing.result is the bike has been a total write-off.
            Just spent $750/£400 on a full service and timing chain tappets set up
            and $300/£180 on a pannier rack kit.
            So now looking at getting a 1200/1400cc monsta or a 750 Kat......
            I'm outa here

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you're ok and hopefully insurance can cover the purchase of a new ride.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
                Update . Orderd a set from USA....awaiting delivery....:/
                At what store did you ordered it? In everywhere tell me Givi no longer manufactures siderack for our kats

Comment

Originally posted by amd View Post
                  At what store did you ordered it? In everywhere tell me Givi no longer manufactures siderack for our kats
                  This is an OLD thread. That is correct. GIVI no longer makes racks for the Katana. They are discontinued. Try and find a used set or a set from another company
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

@ manqu, glad you're ok and sorry about the loss. Hope you're back up and riding.

@ amd, ditto. Just search for used and ask anyone selling a kat with rack and panniers to sell luggage kit separately. That's how I got mine.
                    Last edited by chrisx2; 05-22-2012, 10:16 PM.
                    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Can we close this thread?
                      Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                        Not yet lol

This company i got the pannier rack from but the monorack i got from ebay

Monorack http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail...bike&SearchVal= rack monorack&BlockSize=20&SortOrder=Default&bikeType=& bikeMake=Suzuki&bikeModel=&bikeYear=2004

Pannier Rack http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail...keModel=Katana GSX600F&bikeYear=2004

I hope this give you some luck as this company was the only one i could find the panner racks with!

PS I found the rack will interchange between the 600 and the 750 as mine did

Last edited by ManQu; 05-25-2012, 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        I'm outa here

Comment

I just called the company listed above and they checked and they still have these in stock so there is still a few out there.

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                            Update....

I'm outa here

Comment

They look great. Wounded if the rack fits a 98 Kat? What do you think?

Comment

I would think so,even with a small modding,but i havent seen a 98 next to an 03 to tell

If yours looks like mine with the racks fitted in the photos then i would say yes
                                Last edited by ManQu; 09-18-2012, 08:14 AM.
                                I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
                                X