X

Mirror ?s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror ?s

have looked at lots of mirror threads and havent found help so here goes am looking to replace my mirrors on my 95 kat what mirrors work w/or without a turn signal really would love to know how and if these can be mounted in the factory divett
    heres one veiw

heres all the hardware that they come with

thank you all in advance for any help
    Danny

Anyone?
    Last edited by sinones; 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    95 kat
    Danny

Nope, they only have one mounting hole. Looks like you will need to fab custom mounting brackets to get those to work. Pics of the mirrors don't do any good, we need to see the part that mounts to the bike.

Comment

42 views and no responses

so it seems poeple here just like to view postings but no one is replying so what to do what to do
      95 kat
      Danny

Comment

Originally posted by sinones View Post
        so it seems poeple here just like to view postings but no one is replying so what to do what to do
        Well, considering I gave you the answer in my post, most people probably decided that was good enough.

The answer is no, they won't bolt up, you'll have to custom make brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Well, considering I gave you the answer in my post, most people probably decided that was good enough.

The answer is no, they won't bolt up, you'll have to custom make brackets.
          Nope, they only have one mounting hole. Looks like you will need to fab custom mounting brackets to get those to work. Pics of the mirrors don't do any good, we need to see the part that mounts to the bike.
          so considering the fact that you said i didnt include a pic of the hardware in those to pics to me it sounded like you might not be right so i said what i said mr snippity and for your info after looking throu some more mirror posting someone has mounted mirrors of that type to a katana so i did get my answer and it is yes they will mount up leaving one bolt hole exposed so you were wrong about fabricating plates so i hope you have learned something and hopefully ull know not to be such a smarta$$ next time so again thanks to all for your help or not
          95 kat
          Danny

Comment

Originally posted by sinones View Post
            so considering the fact that you said i didnt include a pic of the hardware in those to pics to me it sounded like you might not be right so i said what i said mr snippity and for your info after looking throu some more mirror posting someone has mounted mirrors of that type to a katana so i did get my answer and it is yes they will mount up leaving one bolt hole exposed so you were wrong about fabricating plates so i hope you have learned something and hopefully ull know not to be such a smarta$$ next time so again thanks to all for your help or not
            I didn't say you didn't include pics of the hardware, I said you didn't include a good pic of the part of the mirror that bolts to the bike. Yes, because the mirrors are the same type, they will mount up the same. NOT! Look at the one pic that shows the bottom plate of the mirror where it bolts up. It has one hole. Not two, one.

Also, the kat mirrors bolt up ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from how those work. Stock Kat mirrors use two bolts and bolt through the top. Those mirrors use one or two bolts (can't tell from pics), and bolt up through the BOTTOM. So you either get to make your own custom brackets, or you get to remove fairings and......modify existing mounts with.....wait for it.....custom brackets!

Taa daaa! BTW, I want to see this thread with mirrors of those types. Fo realz. I searched, and didn't find one.

Comment

I didn't say you didn't include pics of the hardware, I said you didn't include a good pic of the part of the mirror that bolts to the bike. Yes, because the mirrors are the same type, they will mount up the same. NOT! Look at the one pic that shows the bottom plate of the mirror where it bolts up. It has one hole. Not two, one.

Also, the kat mirrors bolt up ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from how those work. Stock Kat mirrors use two bolts and bolt through the top. Those mirrors use one or two bolts (can't tell from pics), and bolt up through the BOTTOM. So you either get to make your own custom brackets, or you get to remove fairings and......modify existing mounts with.....wait for it.....custom brackets!

Taa daaa! BTW, I want to see this thread with mirrors of those types. Fo realz. I searched, and didn't find one.
              look good not sure of the members name but its a orange cat with black mirrors really small type stem mirrors and the bike is around a 95 mobel and its there look for it cause thats how i found this entire website through a google search ok so maybe u do need to do somehomework like i did and found out that the hardware that comes with tese types of mirrors can and do bolt up leaving one hole exposed the bolt with the nut on it will thread into one hole and the mirror threads into that bolt so by doing some investigating i found out they will bolt on
              with no ..... modifing the bike fairings or ...........wait for it ............CUSTOM BRACKETS OK SO THANKS AGAIN SMARTA$$
              and again the tread is there look for it
              95 kat
              Danny

Comment

Working...
              X