X

Members: Scout VS Str8poolbanger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members: Scout VS Str8poolbanger

So tonight Scout will be running his 2006 Kat 750 vs my 1996 Kat 750 down the track. The odds are of course in his favor as he has been riding for 5+ years and me like 3 months and his bike is newer. Some friends we ride with are saying that I have an advantage that I am about 90 lbs lighter, have raced a track in a cage, and have had a sprocket change done by PO of bike. Will definitely be posting video later tonight, or at least tomorrow at the latest.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

you have the advantage with weight alone...not to mention the pre's tend to be a bit quicker anyway...that and scout will try to ride a wheelie the length of the track...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Be careful out there guys. I look forward to the results. I have an 06 Kat 750, so take a guess who Im rooting for. Be careful though, 3 months is nothing in ride time, and 90% of all accidents occur within the first 6 months of riding. Good luck!
      "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
      "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

I think you'll take 'em.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

"When katriders compete, there are no losers."
          ...Abraham Lincoln

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

90 lbs lighter on a pre750?

Yeah...if you lose thats on you...
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Have fun and be carefull. Be very gentle on the front brake during slow down. I look forward to seeing the vid.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                90 lbs lighter on a pre750?

Yeah...if you lose thats on you...
                Word. The pre98's are already faster, and 90lbs in the bike world is the equivalent of dragging the Titanic along with you.

Not saying you'll win....... but if you lose it's because he's a significantly better rider than you are.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

should have it n the bag

Comment

The results are in............................................
                    3-3 TIE

Not to take away from Scout, and we both agreed, my launch times where way faster than his. The 3 I lost were because of bogging at a launch, bringing the front end up to the sky (dayum near crapped my pants), and missing a gear on the way down. We gave kudos to each other for having the balls to at least get on the track and give it hell! Pics and videos are being uploaded in a few.
                    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by str8poolbanger View Post
                      The results are in............................................
                      3-3 TIE

Not to take away from Scout, and we both agreed, my launch times where way faster than his. The 3 I lost were because of bogging at a launch, bringing the front end up to the sky (dayum near crapped my pants), and missing a gear on the way down. We gave kudos to each other for having the balls to at least get on the track and give it hell! Pics and videos are being uploaded in a few.
                      Best times were......? And was this 1/4 or 1/8 mile?
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        Best times were......? And was this 1/4 or 1/8 mile?
                        Scanning slips now....and it was 1/4....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD0Ao61nlSs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VYa7Fc0BI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V7yD8JcSCs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzcBwBfBvsY[/ame]

This video is how its done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7iDckZR6pg"]‪Ryan vs Jesse‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
                        Last edited by str8poolbanger; 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My best reaction time was: .0136
                          My best quarter was: 12.8561 @97.74 MPH

Scout:

Best reaction time: .1080
                          Best 1/4 time was: 13.0646 @101.90

SLIPS:

Last edited by str8poolbanger; 07-21-2011, 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thank you for one of the coolest threads I've ever seen on Katriders!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

It was a great time. And to correct Dave, my best speed in the quarter was 102.25.

Oh, and...he did get a red light violation for jumping the line, so technically, it was 4-2 in my favor.

All joking aside, we were both full of win, and we will be doing it again.

Thanks Dave, for posting this stuff.
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X