Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone looking to do a trackday, but need help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking to do a trackday, but need help?

I'm no longer technically a katrider, but thought I would post up for the benefit of others my track day schedule and create a thread to help others get started riding track. I'm sure there are some out there that don't know how to get on the track, are afraid to go without knowing anybody, or don't have proper equipment. I can do my best to answer questions, and I am willing to help out the first timers in the pits with tools and advice. Most of the track days I do are in the northeast/midatlantic area. The major track day organizations in the area are NESBA, TeamProMotion, Sportbike Track Time, Absolute Cycle, & Tony's Track days, Google em for more info.

I always enjoy getting more people hooked on doing track days. So don't be afraid to ask questions about track days, ask for a pitting friend to steal tools from, and don't be afraid of the track. And yes a kat is a suitable starter bike for track riding!

I will be at:

New Jersey Motorsports Park April 3rd on Thunderbolt course w/ NESBA.

Summit Point Main May 8th w/ NESBA.

Virginia International Raceway May 14th North course w/ NESBA. (Day not for beginners)

Beaverun Motorsports June 12th w/ NESBA.

Those are the only confirmed dates so far, will update as more come. If anybody is going to these dates look for my bike and say hello if you like.

Last edited by seabass10369; 03-24-2010, 05:06 PM.
    sigpic

nice lookin bike Seabass
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Wow, sweet bike, could I borrow it for a track day? No you don't need to answer that. Thanks for offering your help and expierience for those interested in trying a track day.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

That sounds like it'd be fun, to bad my work schedule sucks. What kind of info can you offer a noob looking to get into some track riding?

Comment

Originally posted by Dar_le View Post
          What kind of info can you offer a noob looking to get into some track riding?
          All sorts. Typically people want to know about what groups are out there, what gear they need, what the need to do to there bike, that sort of stuff. It's all a lot easier than you might think.
          sigpic

Comment

Our track around here got held up due to finance issues and is stalled, I'm ****ed. Might be able to get up to Mid Ohio for a day this summer.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'd love to go do one... just not on my own machine
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                I'd love to go do one... just not on my own machine

check out the Kevin Schwantz school website, he uses gsxr's

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                  check out the Kevin Schwantz school website, he uses gsxr's
                  Yeah... I would... but Kristin wants new carpet this year. I got the Sprint last year... so it's her turn
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    Our track around here got held up due to finance issues and is stalled, I'm ****ed. Might be able to get up to Mid Ohio for a day this summer.
                    That bluegrass?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
                      That bluegrass?
                      Yessir. I got to ride it before they layed the top coat and it's a pretty nice track, but I don't think it will be done for a long time...STT cancelled all of their events there.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Yessir. I got to ride it before they layed the top coat and it's a pretty nice track, but I don't think it will be done for a long time...STT cancelled all of their events there.
                        How exactly did you manage that?
                        sigpic

Comment

sooooo, you should come to Canada =)
                          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
                            How exactly did you manage that?
                            I was riding down around Sparta with a friend of mine, we gassed up across the street and ran into the guy who supposedly contracts all the work out (he was on a Goldwing) He let us take some slow laps around to see what it was all about.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                              sooooo, you should come to Canada =)
                              Who's going to canada
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X