X

what size grips for heated grips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size grips for heated grips

I've been looking at getting a set of heated grips for my 06 600 and like what I've seen about the Oxford Grips, but I didn't know what size bars I had. 7/8"???

yes the bars are 7/8. Keep in mind you can get grip heaters for about $30, and install them under your factory grips.

Comment

How hard is it to do this procedure, and about how long would it take?
      99 Ford F150 4x4
      04 Mustang GT
      2010 Camaro SS
      06 GSX600F
      sigpic

Comment

I put kemplex heat elements under my stock grips.
        You have to take your time taking off the old grips if you want to reuse them (so you don't tear them).

The grip part is pretty straight forward, I wired direct to the battery with an in-line fuse and a relay to the california fan relay switch (power comes on after engine starts) and switch in the dash for left hand temperature control.

It took about 2 1/2 hrs. There is a good thread on here about installing heated grips that I used.

I love the heated grips this time of year.
        Blackdog
        DRz-400e plated
        Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Use a little windex. Pull back a bit of the grip on each side and squirt a little in. They will start to slide off once you get it moving. Doesn't take long at all. In fact, you'll have to wire up the heated grips regardless, and that also involves removing the factory grips and reinstalling (the new) grips.

I'd say it will take the same amount of time, but cost a lot less money. Your choice. My grip heaters keep the hands nice and toasty here in the cold Vegas winter

Comment

The quick way to remove grips is with an air hose and 2 seconds of free time.

Peel or roll back the grip and much as possible without deforming it, and shoot the compressed air underneath. Then start turning the grip on the bar (or throttle).
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Compressed air.....nice, I'm trying that next time.
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Working...
              X