X

Connor's Katana Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
    Glad to hear. I want to swap an entire front end. Do you happen to remember what the specs are for the bearing? Is it just a replacement to fit the kat stem?
    bottom bearings are the same. have a shop take it off the stem to be put onto gsxr stem. then these go on top: http://www.twfracing.com/PartsPages/...adbearing.html

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    So... when is the wider rear tire coming?

Krey
    figured if ive come this far, then its definitely coming
    Last edited by Fkat; 10-03-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fkat View Post
      bottom bearings are the same. have a shop take it off the stem to be put onto gsxr stem. then these go on top: http://www.twfracing.com/PartsPages/...adbearing.html

figured if ive come this far, then its definitely coming soon
      Thanks! Now I just want to figure out what size it is.
      First motorcycle - new project
      1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Thanks! Now I just want to figure out what size it is.
        heres the full info on the swap: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...=busa+steering

"Your lower triple bearing is the same as the 1000. 30x55x17
        Your upper bearing is different:
        GSX F 600 upper: 25x47x15 lower: 30x55x17
        GSX R 1000 upper: 30x55x17 lower: 30x55x17

if you can find a bearing that is: 30x47x15, tapered for the top bearing, that will work." -Kfreak

Comment

Originally posted by Fkat View Post
          heres the full info on the swap: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...=busa+steering

"Your lower triple bearing is the same as the 1000. 30x55x17
          Your upper bearing is different:
          GSX F 600 upper: 25x47x15 lower: 30x55x17
          GSX R 1000 upper: 30x55x17 lower: 30x55x17

if you can find a bearing that is: 30x47x15, tapered for the top bearing, that will work." -Kfreak
          Thanks! Interesting tidbit of info. I haven't seen that thread around surprisingly.

Are the GSXR and Hyabusa steering stems for those years then? Easy swap?

Comment

Thanks! Interesting tidbit of info. I haven't seen that thread around surprisingly.

Are the GSXR and Hyabusa steering stems for those years then? Easy swap?
            ive read many different threads between gsxr and busa and what i've taken from it is they are the same sizes as far as the bearings required for the swap go..

the stops are not entirely important. i thought about moving mine but said screw it. just have to be aware that the forks can hit the frame on either side and pinch a wire

I can't tell you if the steering damper tab is the only issue you'll run into having stock headlight and fairings. from that last thread i posted, i'm sure thats all it is. in my case, being fairingless with aftermarket headlight, i was able make use of that tab and rougly bronze weld on a metal bracket for a steering damper
            Last edited by Fkat; 10-02-2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I won't have that problem either.

Comment

Quick soundclip of two bros via iphone

first gopro vid I've made
                Last edited by Fkat; 10-06-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

My katana is undergoing some major changes again. starts with a B and ends with a 12. already installed, just doing some fine tuning to make it run with the stock '90 600 kat airbox

heres what its looked like the past 2ish years:

And here is my other ride i just bought 2 months ago with 4500 original miles:
                  Last edited by Fkat; 08-21-2015, 10:13 PM.

Comment

haven't been on the site for so long spending alot more time riding between the r5 2stroke and the b12 kat..

was actually rear ended by a truck a couple months ago when i was on the r5 sitting at a red light at night after picking up dog food. i had full gear on. my helmet and ogio backpack saved me.. the guy had no insurance and had his 8 y.o. son with him... the r5 faired out okay besides a mangled rear fender and bent rear rim and some other dented parts

hope you all are doing well and keeping the rubber side down

Comment

Working...
                    X