X

aftermarket headers for 06 katana 750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket headers for 06 katana 750f

Hey guys I'm new and was wanting to know what is the best aftermarket header system or full exhaust system to place on a 2006 katana 750f, I currently took off the factory exhaust and put a shorty on it but I think I have lost a lot of torque and power sounds great but need power???? Any suggestions???

And I also want to change sprockets on front and rear what should I go with?

You need a jet kit, not a header. You're running lean now.
    Click on the gearingcommander link in my signature for sprocket ratios. It depends on what you're looking for. 14/50 is commonly used.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

repost: 92xjunker

92xjunker: I'm still new at all this but what does the jet kit do, and will my carbs need to be adjusted or what and what gear ratio would be best, I've heard that you should drop one in the front and raise two in the rear for more top end so idk but what do you prefer, and by me having that shorty exhaust, will jetting it set the carbs right with that exhaust????

Comment

Jet kit will retune the carb, you'll want to turn the mixture screw out 2.5 turns from seated.
        The stated gearing will give more off the line take off. Top end speed will drop.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hi 06kat2004 not sure if you've done anything yet but I have an 06 750 same as yours and I very recently put in an Ivan's jet kit (at the same time as an aftermarket exhaust) and am very happy with the results. Got improvements across the board with the exception of mileage which stayed about the same. Most noticeable improvements are smoother acceleration all around, alot more throttle response in 3-5k range, and absence of throttle hesitation. Was about 175$ from the only ebay seller to carry it, super happy. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X