GPS Mount

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobL View Post
    This is my Cell Phone / GPS Mounting!

What app is that, and what mount are you using?
    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

exactly what i have been planning to do with my phone! Thank you for the inspiration. I have the gps app that tracks 0-60 /100/, 1/4mile. it will also launch your music app and has intergrated phone controls, and it overlays speed onto other apps if you want it to. I need to get busy on making my mount and then find myself a good bluetooth set up or helmet.

app is called ulyssespeedometer . i cant take a picture since its on my phone, so http://android.org.in/download/ulysse-speedo-pro-apk/ .

Comment

Blueprints??? For RobL's mount?

Comment

Poor man GPS mount

Newbie here.
          Sharing my poor man GPS mount. Ordered some parts from Amazon, got the metal piece and some screws from Home Depot.
          Have to drill a couple of holes for the bracket.

Comment

Nice.

I'm guessing there is not much room under the screen, hence the mounting over the turn signals on several of these pics.
            Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
            Ride: 2002 750F Kat
            "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

In my opinion, that is the best viewing position for GPS.
              I mounted my GPS on the handle bar on my first experiment and I kept finding myself twisting my head up and down to look at the road and the GPS.
              With GPS mounted just below the windscreen, it is similar to look at the speedometer while riding.

Cheers !

Originally posted by Circuitmage View Post
              Nice.

I'm guessing there is not much room under the screen, hence the mounting over the turn signals on several of these pics.
              Last edited by drcookie; 06-24-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X