KOTM Dec 2008 waveman
 

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Vintage Kats

Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #31
DClark
Kat Daddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,314

Default

I have no idea how bad the winter is there , maybe it varies depending on area? But flipping love the mountains . My fave is the highway that gets to 12k, goes through the Eisenhower tunnel and goes past the gorgeous towns like Vail. I was
once there in mid July and saw snow about 1000 away from the road . I am a beer snob and still think CO has the best beer in the country. It really is beauty carved out of the mountains. I like to stop at Idaho Springs , spend time in an enclosed hot springs , visit the local brew pub .
Ill be back there this summer for sure.
DClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #32
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper
 
Suzuki_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 481

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DClark View Post
I have no idea how bad the winter is there , maybe it varies depending on area? But flipping love the mountains . My fave is the highway that gets to 12k, goes through the Eisenhower tunnel and goes past the gorgeous towns like Vail. I was
once there in mid July and saw snow about 1000 away from the road . I am a beer snob and still think CO has the best beer in the country. It really is beauty carved out of the mountains. I like to stop at Idaho Springs , spend time in an enclosed hot springs , visit the local brew pub .
Ill be back there this summer for sure.
Colorado is beautiful, and I agree, it appears to have alot going for it. They get alot of sunshine in the winter, another plus, for me. We have friends that live out there, they've seen snow already, this season.
I've been watching the jobs available out there for a few months, now... maybe something will pop-up. I would think the riding in the mountains has to be fantastic.
__________________
GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)
Suzuki_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #33
DClark
Kat Daddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,314

Default

One drawback I should mention is the altitude . You lose about 2% hp per 1000 feet. My fully loaded down c14 felt pretty sluggish at 12,000. I was doing about 70 and a Tesla blew past me like I was parked, lol!
DClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #34
johnod
Katrider
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 186

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
The Kat is in the picture, so I thought it was appropriate to post. I hate this time of year in NE Indiana...

Nice, have just started restoring( winter project) an SN, how do they compare to the big Kat?
johnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:56 AM   #35
Parts man
Rookie
 
Parts man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Kershaw county
Posts: 63

Default

Holy winterizing batman...it's 30 degrees outside here now!!!
Parts man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #36
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper
 
Suzuki_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 481

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnod View Post
Nice, have just started restoring( winter project) an SN, how do they compare to the big Kat?
I love my ST. Not near as fast as the Kat, but much more comfortable riding position, for me, anyway. The ST has great power and handling, plus the comfort. Probably my most ridden bike in the garage. Kind of like apples to oranges, though. Both are great bikes.
Suzuki_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #37
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper
 
Suzuki_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 481

Default

My wife and I took road trip this weekend and brought one more home...





Suzuki_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #38
johnod
Katrider
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 186

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
I love my ST. Not near as fast as the Kat, but much more comfortable riding position, for me, anyway. The ST has great power and handling, plus the comfort. Probably my most ridden bike in the garage. Kind of like apples to oranges, though. Both are great bikes.
I added a pair of hi rise tarozzi clip-ons to my Kat made it comfortable to ride. Prior to that it had become so unenjoyable I had put it up for sale.
Was fine when I was younger but not so much fun as I got older.

That and a fork rebuild with gold emulators and new springs really transformed the bike.

Like your new bike, there's one more I want too, but that's not it.
johnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #39
sixdog
Katrider
 
sixdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 120
eBay ID: sixdog

Default

Congrats Joe!!!
__________________
79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200
sixdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #40
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper
 
Suzuki_dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 481

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnod View Post
I added a pair of hi rise tarozzi clip-ons to my Kat made it comfortable to ride. Prior to that it had become so unenjoyable I had put it up for sale.
Was fine when I was younger but not so much fun as I got older.

That and a fork rebuild with gold emulators and new springs really transformed the bike.

Like your new bike, there's one more I want too, but that's not it.
I thought about raising the clip-ons, also. I'll look into the Tarrozi high-rise. My arms are way too short and the angle wears on me. I also rebuilt the forks with new springs, that was a big improvement.
Suzuki_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

  KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Vintage Kats

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter is coming boys...project Katana on Ebay sixdog Vintage Kats 3 07-26-2017 02:32 PM
How's everyones winter projects coming? guy2600 Suzuki Katana Talk 20 01-09-2006 10:15 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Katriders.com, Copyright ©2004 - 2018