KOTM Dec 2008 waveman

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Vintage Kats

Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #31
DClark
Kat Daddy

I have no idea how bad the winter is there , maybe it varies depending on area? But flipping love the mountains . My fave is the highway that gets to 12k, goes through the Eisenhower tunnel and goes past the gorgeous towns like Vail. I was
once there in mid July and saw snow about 1000 away from the road . I am a beer snob and still think CO has the best beer in the country. It really is beauty carved out of the mountains. I like to stop at Idaho Springs , spend time in an enclosed hot springs , visit the local brew pub .
Ill be back there this summer for sure.
DClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #32
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DClark View Post
I have no idea how bad the winter is there , maybe it varies depending on area? But flipping love the mountains . My fave is the highway that gets to 12k, goes through the Eisenhower tunnel and goes past the gorgeous towns like Vail. I was
once there in mid July and saw snow about 1000 away from the road . I am a beer snob and still think CO has the best beer in the country. It really is beauty carved out of the mountains. I like to stop at Idaho Springs , spend time in an enclosed hot springs , visit the local brew pub .
Ill be back there this summer for sure.
Colorado is beautiful, and I agree, it appears to have alot going for it. They get alot of sunshine in the winter, another plus, for me. We have friends that live out there, they've seen snow already, this season.
I've been watching the jobs available out there for a few months, now... maybe something will pop-up. I would think the riding in the mountains has to be fantastic.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #33
DClark
Kat Daddy

One drawback I should mention is the altitude . You lose about 2% hp per 1000 feet. My fully loaded down c14 felt pretty sluggish at 12,000. I was doing about 70 and a Tesla blew past me like I was parked, lol!
DClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #34
johnod
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
The Kat is in the picture, so I thought it was appropriate to post. I hate this time of year in NE Indiana...

Nice, have just started restoring( winter project) an SN, how do they compare to the big Kat?
johnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:56 AM   #35
Parts man
Rookie

Holy winterizing batman...it's 30 degrees outside here now!!!
Parts man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #36
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnod View Post
Nice, have just started restoring( winter project) an SN, how do they compare to the big Kat?
I love my ST. Not near as fast as the Kat, but much more comfortable riding position, for me, anyway. The ST has great power and handling, plus the comfort. Probably my most ridden bike in the garage. Kind of like apples to oranges, though. Both are great bikes.
Suzuki_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #37
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper

My wife and I took road trip this weekend and brought one more home...

Old 11-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #38
johnod
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
I love my ST. Not near as fast as the Kat, but much more comfortable riding position, for me, anyway. The ST has great power and handling, plus the comfort. Probably my most ridden bike in the garage. Kind of like apples to oranges, though. Both are great bikes.
I added a pair of hi rise tarozzi clip-ons to my Kat made it comfortable to ride. Prior to that it had become so unenjoyable I had put it up for sale.
Was fine when I was younger but not so much fun as I got older.

That and a fork rebuild with gold emulators and new springs really transformed the bike.

Like your new bike, there's one more I want too, but that's not it.
johnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #39
sixdog
Katrider

eBay ID: sixdog

Congrats Joe!!!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #40
Suzuki_dog
Tank Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnod View Post
I added a pair of hi rise tarozzi clip-ons to my Kat made it comfortable to ride. Prior to that it had become so unenjoyable I had put it up for sale.
Was fine when I was younger but not so much fun as I got older.

That and a fork rebuild with gold emulators and new springs really transformed the bike.

Like your new bike, there's one more I want too, but that's not it.
I thought about raising the clip-ons, also. I'll look into the Tarrozi high-rise. My arms are way too short and the angle wears on me. I also rebuilt the forks with new springs, that was a big improvement.
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Vintage Kats