No announcement yet.
X

98+ Race Windscreen *LOTSA PICS*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, all the other holes drilled fine i was just rushing cuz im an idiot like that and the screen was under a little twist when i drilled that hole...either way its retard error i tend to do that alot!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
      no, all the other holes drilled fine i was just rushing cuz im an idiot like that and the screen was under a little twist when i drilled that hole...either way its retard error i tend to do that alot!
      What did you do different from joe. Did you just drill the upper holes a 1/2" lower(so the upper holes won't show)?
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Do yourself a favor if you're ordering another screen by running down to any acrylic store and spend $1.50 on an acrylic bit. They have a different taper and will great decrease the chance you accidentally break out the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
          What did you do different from joe. Did you just drill the upper holes a 1/2" lower(so the upper holes won't show)?
          pretty much i didnt follow his write up to the letter i placed it on there first then once it was were i like it did the cutting.

Do yourself a favor if you're ordering another screen by running down to any acrylic store and spend $1.50 on an acrylic bit. They have a different taper and will great decrease the chance you accidentally break out the replacement.
          will do.....

before i order a screen i may try some acrylic epoxy and fix it then smooth it and paint it black. you do not need to see through it, its pretty low.
          sigpic

Comment

what tail are you using or is that a custom fabrication
            92 GSXF750
            83 nighthawk

Comment

pretty much i didnt follow his write up to the letter i placed it on there first then once it was were i like it did the cutting.

will do.....

before i order a screen i may try some acrylic epoxy and fix it then smooth it and paint it black. you do not need to see through it, its pretty low.
              Looks good....do you think you could snap some pics from a little further away so you can see the whole bike?

Thanks

Comment

id like to see a front profile shot from head on ..

Comment

Seabass - that's a drag! I'm bummed that happened to you. I'm curious as to your method. I didn't try to drill the screen to use the upper mount holes because the stock screen bends the opposite way from the curvature (see the side by side pic on page one). I was afraid the stress on the screen would crack it. That's why I drilled it at the bottom and used zip ties to secure it laterally. I am stoked that someone is adopting the idea regardless of the method.

Waltari - Great advice as always.

Kain - Buell X1. Build thread here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78398

Turbopseidon - I'll snap a front profile pic tomorrow and post it up for you.

Thanks for reading folks!
                  If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

Looks great.
                    Bike is sold

Comment

Looks real good!
                      I like the look you went for with the buell tail section, I would have never thought of that.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

the original idea was to drill up top to use the stock rubber bolt receivers and that would help hold and flatten out the screeen
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks good man. Nice work.

Comment

the original idea was to drill up top to use the stock rubber bolt receivers and that would help hold and flatten out the screeen
                            Ya I thought of that but was worried about what happened to you. Keep me posted on how yours works out.

P.S. - love your paint work. Read your build thread a while back.
                            If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

here's some of the requested stand back shots...im still debating just buying another screen i prefer a smoke vs painted so we'll see

sigpic

Comment

Them are the pics I wanted to see. I think dark smoke would look better. At least in my case. Im going to do this mod I think it will look great.
                                sigpic
                                Update Jul 11 2014
                                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X